Sludgeaholic Choice Awards

Metal Sludge rules!!!

It mainly focuses on the '80s hair bands (which I love)! It makes fun of them but at the same time you can tell that the writers are big fans themselves and love it, but don't take it too seriously and have fun with it :) It's great hehe.

Originally posted by MacMoney
Yeah, if you like glam rock, mallcore or the most popular metal artists and even those mentions are rare.

What's your point? You're probably listening to POISON right now aren't you?! Just kidding put on you robe & crank your Candlemass discs.....Or maybe your corsette? And crank your Manson disc?!

Originally posted by sixxswine
What's your point? You're probably listening to POISON right now aren't you?! Just kidding put on you robe & crank your Candlemass discs.....Or maybe your corsette? And crank your Manson disc?!

I happen to like actual metal over the bastardized pop versions of metal.

Originally posted by The Trooper
Well good for you. I suppose that means nobody else is allowed to like the more rock & roll metal bands?

Where the hell did I say that? Read the posts. I just don't feel that metalsludge really caters to actual metal fans.

i dont like hair metal and all that stuff that much. if i hear it on the radio im like yeah, cool song, but i wouldnt buy an album. I just think metal sludge has some funny ass posts.

Well the name Metal Sludge comes from the fact that it started out as a send up of Metal Edge magazine.

So it doesn't really matter if it caters to the true metal purists or not. And anyway, maybe in the '80s because hair metal was huge there were lots of posers that listened to it coz it was on MTV, but the people who still listen to it now when it isn't popular are mainly metal fans who weren't just listening to it coz it was cool, but because they like metal.