Sludgy Hardcore band mix

atmetal

yeah well.
Feb 26, 2008
www.myspace.com
This mix is not to sound like a perfectly engineered CLA, Andy Sneap, Adam D mix. It is meant to be a bit dirty and roomy. On that note, opinions would be awesome :danceboy:

http://dl.getdropbox.com/u/864432/dead heroes/HEARTACHE.mp3

Guitars are Bogner Uberschall through Mesa 4x12
Guitar mic was a sennheiser e609 into an API R-20 Preamp
Drums are real, with slate samples. Snare is real blended with slate.
OH used were Mojave MA-201
Bass was DI into the preamp and then run through my podfarm bass preset.

I'm listening on earbuds, but the guitars definitely need to come up. The drums and vocals are way too loud compared to them. I like the sound though.

I fuckin' like it! It's dirty... the way it's supposed to be in this genre! :D I did detect the slate sample before reading it was blended with slate though... would've been so cool if it wasn't blended at all but I don't know, maybe the original snare track wasn't good enough. The vocals are clipping a lot though, is it some kind of hard distortion or what's going on there? I think it could do without the clipping to be honest :)

The vocals are clipping a lot though, is it some kind of hard distortion or what's going on there? I think it could do without the clipping to be honest :)

It's Antares Tube. I was trying to get a very distorted sound on the vocals without really killing the overall vibe. I could probably back off a bit, but without any distortion on them, they sound wayy to clean for this genre of music.

I do feel like they are a bit loud now going back and listening to them.

Think it's a tad too reverby personally. if you exported a wav of the drums, totally raw, imported them into a new track, totally raw, and put a nice room reverb set to 100% wet on it and processed it like an actual room mic it would have more of the dirty roomy hardcore vibe that you're going for, because this sounds like a typical epic metal verb slotted into a hardcore mix right now.

nice mix overall though, nice n dirty :D

great band too, nice

edit: vox are a bit too loud during the "heartache, heartbreak" part as well.

Right on man, liked it a lot.
Snare is fucking huge, the whole thing sounds great.
Yeah the guitars could be a bit louder, but that's about it.
Good time shit.