Slumber of Sullen Eyes Song Survivor - Final Round

Vote for the BEST song

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Phylactery

Feb 3, 2016
United Kingdom
So we had a triple elimination with Embrace the Darkness, Fear Obscures from Within and the Forlorn gone.

It's now time for vote for your favourite track.

Towards the Shrouded Infinity gets my vote.

Slumber of Sullen Eyes > As I Behold I Despise > Towards the Shrouded Infinity

All of those tracks are exactly back-to-back in my autistic power ranking. Don't care which song wins.

We have different definitions of groove I think. That part isn't even syncopated, just sounds like ordinary death metal to me.

The more melodic part around 1:55 and the riff it progresses into afterwards followed by the Voivod-y chords are the highlight of the song for me. Actually, the whole second half is pretty damn good, revisiting it. Now listening to the title track again though and this is definitely better, however, spacier atmosphere and the verse riffs are more tense. I take back about not caring, Towards the Shrouded Infinity is definitely the most pedestrian of these three tracks even if the beginning riff has some neat classic Death vibes, though still good.

Title track is a hair ahead of Toward the Shrouded Infinity imo. Both are better than As I Behold I Despise, though all of these tracks are pretty great.

It has ended, the poll has closed. The title track is the winner.

I did start a new one. I did Far Away from the Sun but hardly anyone voted.