GMD Song Survivor: Atheist - Unquestionable Presence - Round 3

What is the WORST remaining song on Atheist - Unquestionable Presence?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Same, I find this album to be really fucking consistent. But now that we're down to three songs I'm gonna start voting.

Voted for "And the Psychic Saw."

Last edited:
Anyone that voted for An Incarnation's Dream last round is retarded.

Enthralled in Essence is the only amazing start-to-finish song remaining. Mother Man has a really weak thrashy middle section, while And the Psychic Saw still suffers from that dumb happy speed metal riff in the beginning and end of the song. The last minute and a half of Mother Man contains some of the most beautiful leads in all of metal, however, so And the Psychic Saw gets my vote.

an incarnation's dream is one of my favs too but eh, pretty consistent album on a track by track basis, if not necessarily within each track.

An Incarnation's Dream is excellent, should still be up here. Don't know what HBB has against thrash all of a sudden? Also don't know what to vote for this round. Probably Essence.

Top 4 this round should have been:
Mother Man
Unquestionable Presence
An Incarnation's Dream
And the Psychic Saw

The problem is that Atheist wasn't a great thrash band. Their thrash riffs are usually basic and light as fuck; even Exodus has more technical and aggressive thrash riffs than Atheist.

Top 3 should have been An Incarnation's Dream, Enthralled in Essence, and Brains. None of the other songs have the consistency and focus of those three.