GMD Song Survivor: Iron Maiden - Piece of Mind - Round 3

What is the WORST remaining song on Iron Maiden - Piece of Mind?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Sure thing faggot.

If Piece of Mind is B+ at best, what the fuck is A+?

Ummm, you do realize B+ is pretty fucking good, right? Also, just from that year ... or overall? An A+ is flawless. What, you consider Piece of Mind to be one of the greatest metal albums of all time? A flawless piece of work? :lol: Or is that just another one of the new trends around here that you're currently riding?

What other current trends am I riding? Clearly I need to pay more attention to what I'm doing because I didn't know I had ridden any.

Also, yes I'm aware that B+ is a good score, it's just lower than what I think the album deserves which would be I suppose an A? Whatever a 9.5/10 would equal in that scoring system.

I do think it's one of the best metal albums of all time, it's my favourite Iron Maiden album of all time so it is definitely fucking up there, way above anything Sepultura or Testament ever did that's for fucking sure.

Eagles is a 10/10 song for me but there are still two songs on the album I like more. Hopefully one of them makes it to the final round.

I doubt that, if anything you seem to be the one more likely to do some symbolic horseshit like that. You're a pretty fucking pretentious person, from what I've seen.

I'm very pretentious, but I don't do bullshit like that (unless it's to counter TechnicalBarbarity's bullshit). I don't care whether I'm seen as mainstream or underground.

Well neither do most people in here so I have no idea why you'd accuse people of such shit. If anything most purposeful/spiteful voting in here seems to be done to counter against the "in-crowd"/"underground"/"trve" selections.

Reactions: Phylactery
Well neither do most people in here so I have no idea why you'd accuse people of such shit. If anything most purposeful/spiteful voting in here seems to be done to counter against the "in-crowd"/"underground"/"trve" selections.

I'd say over the years I've seen plenty of impulsive backlash against metal that gets popular with the mainstream or with non-metalheads. Case in point, people ripping on Deafheaven for being popular with hipsters (no problem with criticisms of the music itself, but the "hipsters like it" stuff is tiring). I'd also say there's an impulse to reject the most popular albums by bands. Case in point, people treating Number of the Beast like a third rate album (OMG I heard Number of the Beast at the kickoff to an NFL game! That album is soooo overrated!)

I agree with your point about Deafheaven, it is annoying if people only criticise them for having a hipster fanbase rather than the music. But perhaps the fact they appeal to hipsters in the first place is the criticism of the music. Since obviously to appeal to hipsters it has a sound not in line with what black metal fans are looking for. Personally I find their vocals to be obnoxious and their songs lack in atmosphere and coherent structure.

You're wrong about Number of the Beast. I didn't even know it was considered their most classic release when I concluded it was the weakest of their first 5. It IS overrated.

it's not quite as prevalent as the 'people don't agree with me and/or mainstream consensus therefore they must be poseurs, trendwhores or idiots' code.