GMD Song Survivor: Iron Maiden - Piece of Mind - Round 2

What are the TWO WORST remaining songs on Iron Maiden - Piece of Mind?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Nah people have no imagination

It's not in the song but put those 2 lines together in your mind they fit almost perfectly stylistically, vocally, just to show how similar IM are to gay power metal, oh but gay power metal is popular around here too I forgot

And you know who the lyrics sound like? Lenny kravitz (fly away) and the Steve miller band (fly like an eagle)

Pop song structure, overused galloping riffs etc etc

Oh wow, pop song structure, that only describes about 95% of non-prog metal in existence.

fwiw I do agree that Flight of Icarus is poppy by pre-SIT Maiden standards; Bruce openly said it was a conscious attempt at making a song that could chart in the USA, which it managed to, but that doesn't take away from its quality in the slightest.

Reactions: Baroque
Oh wow, pop song structure, that only describes about 95% of non-prog metal in existence.

fwiw I do agree that Flight of Icarus is poppy by pre-SIT Maiden standards; Bruce openly said it was a conscious attempt at making a song that could chart in the USA, which it managed to, but that doesn't take away from its quality in the slightest.

Exactly, this is IM selling out to the US radio kids who weren't really into metal. It's their equivalent of Enter Sandman. Gateway pop metal

the fortunate among us are blessed with an ear for sublimity and grace irrespective of style or complexity, those who aren't must learn the hard way that no amount of time signatures can fill the hole in their souls

So something being poppy is inherently a bad thing? Ironic coming from a fan of baroque music which was basically just 17th century pop music.

It's a great song and moronically presenting the lyrics in a diminishing way proves no point other than what a fucking faggot you are.

Reactions: Vilden
So something being poppy is inherently a bad thing? Ironic coming from a fan of baroque music which was basically just 17th century pop music.

It's a great song and moronically presenting the lyrics in a diminishing way proves no point other than what a fucking faggot you are.

"Nuh uh you're a faggot" name calling just shows the level of sophistication around here.

Lol at baroque being 17th century pop music. For one I'm more into 18th century baroque and 2 comparing it to pop music at all is laughable and shows you have no idea what you're talking about and 3 it was popular among some of the upper classes in a tiny area of Europe but there were many critics of the style and 4 it's the name for a whole supergenre of musical styles, your statement is like saying 20th century music is basically 20th century pop music

Name calling is all pretentious fartsniffing cunts deserve, especially when they linger in threads where the topic is an album they don't even like.