GMD Song Survivor: Iron Maiden - Piece of Mind - Round 5

What is the WORST remaining song on Iron Maiden - Piece of Mind?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
We should do Reign in Blood just to see who's the first asshole contrarian enough to vote for one of the bookends.

We should do Reign in Blood just to see who's the first asshole contrarian enough to vote for one of the bookends.

I think it would be cool to see which order the middle tracks go out in. But yeah "Angel of Death" is the obvious winner. "Raining Blood" isn't even close to as good.

"Criminally Insane" and "Piece by Piece" are probably the weakest moments for me. "Altar of Sacrifice" is one of the best tracks.

Pretty sure he listened to tracks from SMRC, which, along with Inquisitors is actually their best work so I'm not sure what you're talking about.

:lol:

These are both excellent examples of albums that would make terrible song survivors imo - it's widely agreed upon which songs on these albums are classics and which ones are filler.

Holy Diver I could see, but not Crystal Logic. I could see it going in about 4 different ways. Also, there's no filler on either album.

You're in no position to ever judge sarcasm or when someone is trolling you, captain intellectual. ;)

Says the guy who bit on my obligatory ripping of Venom.

Says the guy who bit on my obligatory ripping of Venom.

Joking back is not taking bait, it's banter. You telling me I'm not able to accurately rate Deathspell Omega definitely is taking bait though.

But if that album you recommended to me isn't their best, what is and I'll start there.

I think it would be cool to see which order the middle tracks go out in. But yeah "Angel of Death" is the obvious winner. "Raining Blood" isn't even close to as good.

"Criminally Insane" and "Piece by Piece" are probably the weakest moments for me. "Altar of Sacrifice" is one of the best tracks.

Raining Blood is definitely one of the best songs on that album. First 4 songs are all 5 star tracks. Jesus Saves and Criminally Insane are 4.5/5 ... Reborn, Epidemic and Postmortem are 4 stars, and the album closes off with another 5 star masterpiece.

Last edited:
Reactions: H.P. Lovecraft
'raining blood' is my favourite slayer song (esp. if you include the end of 'postmortem' that sometimes gets included) so suck it

i agree though, bad song survivor pick. as are many hbb listed. reminder this game died last time because i was only getting like 4 votes per round for PURE HOLOCAUST, which id have thought was pretty major around here. maybe it's just that people get bored of the whole concept after a while.

I actually don't think RiB is a terrible song survivor pick because I have no idea in which order the middle eight tracks would go.

Anyway, throw some candidates at me, preferably from various genres, and I'll put up a poll to gauge interest. Some ideas I had were,
Melissa,
The Spectre Within,
Traveller (since it's gonna win the 2003 top 10),
Unquestionable Presence,
Leprosy,
Morbid Tales + Emperor's Return as one album

Don't want to do another Maiden one just yet.

Don't see Crystal Logic having a totally obvious order, even if Necropolis will obviously get to the end. I don't think the Holy Diver title track is *that* much more popular than all the other songs (e.g. Don't Talk to Strangers and Stand Up and Shout) either.

'raining blood' is my favourite slayer song (esp. if you include the end of 'postmortem' that sometimes gets included) so suck it

i agree though, bad song survivor pick. as are many hbb listed. reminder this game died last time because i was only getting like 4 votes per round for PURE HOLOCAUST, which id have thought was pretty major around here. maybe it's just that people get bored of the whole concept after a while.

The problem you're making is that you assume black metal and in-crowd fans actually pay attention to the music they listen to rather than virtue-signal their socially-refined tastes. It's no wonder that no one plays a round for The Chasm when most people just pretend to like them.

Is Pure Holocaust even considered a top 2 Immortal album anyways?

But Slumber wouldn't be a bad one, tons of people voted it a favorite for the year poll, it would be a nice way of sorting out the posers.

it's considered the top 1 immortal album by most non-casuals afaik. i guess ATHoW is the mainstream choice?

lots of people played the chasm one i did several years back, apparently phylactery did another one last year but i'd forgotten lol. yeah hardly anyone played that one, but i don't know that DEATHCULT is even that popular here nowadays.