GMD Song Survivor: Iron Maiden - Piece of Mind - Round 5

What is the WORST remaining song on Iron Maiden - Piece of Mind?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Apparently it was actually a month before you joined, so at least you have an excuse. It's just hilarious with hundreds of potential albums to pick between, everyone goes for the same handful that have already been done.

Apparently it was actually a month before you joined, so at least you have an excuse. It's just hilarious with hundreds of potential albums to pick between, everyone goes for the same handful that have already been done.

ok mr. unique snowflake pls name these hundreds of albums that a) are well known enough to get plenty of voters, b) wouldn't have a predictable result, and c) haven't been done already

i challenge you to go full autism on this one

ok mr. unique snowflake pls name these hundreds of albums that a) are well known enough to get plenty of voters, b) wouldn't have a predictable result, and c) haven't been done already

i challenge you to go full autism on this one

Sabbath: whichever ones of the first six haven't been done (is that all of them? (well minus the S/T maybe since that one is really obvious for best song at least)) or the first two Dio albums
Priest: 77-80, 82-84, 90
Metallica: 83-88
Megadeth: 86, 90
Death: basically any of their albums
Slayer: 85-90
Anthrax: 85-87
Manilla Road: 83*, 85
Mercyful Fate: 83, 84
King Diamond: 87-89
Voivod: 87-89
Autopsy: 89, 91
Helloween: 85-88
Slough Feg: 99-03
Thin Lizzy: 76-79
Motorhead: 79-80 (minus On Parole)
Bathory: 84-90
Coroner: 88-89
Ozzy: 80-81
Dio: 83-84 (was Holy Diver already done?)
Celtic Frost: 84-87
Kreator: 85-86
Venom: 81-82
Queensryche: 84, 88
Sepultura: 86-91
Accept: 81-83
Cirith Ungol: 81-84
Manowar: 82-84
Burzum: 92-94
Blind Guardian: 92-02
Bruce Dickinson: 97-98
Incantation: 92-94
Deicide: 90-92
Unquestionable Presence
Consuming Impulse
Bonded By Blood
Court in the Act
The Legacy
Angel Witch
Nespithe
Irae Melanox
Dark Quarterer
Psalm 9
Seven Churches
Ample Destruction
Under Jolly Roger
Rigor Mortis
INRI
Carnivore
Effigy of the Forgotten
Like an Ever Flowing Stream
Obscura
Written in Waters
None So Vile
Left Hand Path
Epidemic of Violence
The Jester Race
Cause of Death
Tales From the Thousand Lakes
When the Kite String Pops
Slumber of Sullen Eyes

OK that might be more like 120 or something but come on.

*actually released in 84

Nice try but I don't see many of these albums having enough fans to sustain a song survivor. If I could get a total of 17 participants for Piece of Mind, how many do you think would show up for a Dark Quarterer or an Under Jolly Roger poll? Keep in mind an album like Deathcult for Eternity which seems pretty damn popular around here attracted so little interest the song survivor was discontinued midway through.

We didn't get as many for past survivors either. The forum is a little more active recently. If people are too plebeian to know even entry-level albums outside of their sub-genre comfort zone, fuck them. We can always rotate genres around as well, or even inform people of the future album to give time for people to familiarize themselves with it.

yeah i remember, some of you cuntwads tried to vote Maze of Torment out in the first or second round.

What the fuck?! Maze of Torment is the best song on the album. Ultra punishing blast beats and the whole song feels like a descent into insanity. 10/10. One of the best death metal songs ever.

What ended up winning?

Burzum - Burzum
Demigod - Slumber of Sullen Eyes

might be a good choice from HBB's list.

Deja Vu - pretty sure we had the Venom vs Deathspell Omega debate not long ago. They're completely incomparable.

Welcome to Hell and Black Metal are definitely more than C+ albums though.

Reactions: CiG