SM7 on kick

used it on the inside a lot. attack is more natural than with a typical kick drum mic also a bit more thin tho. a bit more bleed than with a d6 which can be critical when you do drastic boosts with it (which you'd probably need in a metal context). nowadays i use a re20 which is sth in between a regular kick mic and sth like the sm7.

never really tried it as out mic

Remember while back some dudes posted results with sm57 (probably one of them even removed reso head) and sounded really grate.

I have a drum recording soon, nothing serious really but I wont have a proper kick mic and my SM7 is the only mic that could do the trick. Will see if I can get something cool with it. If so, I'd post a clip.

Thanks a lot man :) Yeah SM7 sounds more than decent! Damn, the D6 sounds great.......
I regret my e901+e602, they gave really good results but I was in need of money so I sold them. For some reason I was thinking that the SM7 would give similar vibe than the RE20 (which I've never used myself, heard clips only) but it has less bottom end obviously. Anyway, it'll do the job for this session.

Never tried it to mic the kick, however iv'e used it many times as snare bottom mic. When you solo the track you can literally not hear the rest of the kit. As if it was a trigger, only it's not...