Small mastering contest ;)

Pretty sweet tune and a fucking awesome sounding vocalist. Wish we had the raw tracks to mix it as well since there are some weird problems with the overall mix that need to be adressed, especially in the drums, but it still sounds good none the less.

Pretty sweet tune and a fucking awesome sounding vocalist. Wish we had the raw tracks to mix it as well since there are some weird problems with the overall mix that need to be adressed, especially in the drums, but it still sounds good none the less.

hey man thanks for the comments :))

what weird problems ? I'll tell my studio tech guy to check it out!

hey man thanks for the comments :))

what weird problems ? I'll tell my studio tech guy to check it out!

The drums really aren't very punchy to begin with which from my experience is the result of the drums not being eq'd, compressed and mixed to level correctly, sort of washed out sounding, apart from that the things that really bother me is the kick being really dull sounding like a thud and having no higher click to it, the snare not having any audible compression and is way to low in the mix.

Just overall the whol track is very undynamic.

one weird wtf question. For that type of guitar playing, why the hell did you not us an OD pedal?

The drums really aren't very punchy to begin with which from my experience is the result of the drums not being eq'd, compressed and mixed to level correctly, sort of washed out sounding, apart from that the things that really bother me is the kick being really dull sounding like a thud and having no higher click to it, the snare not having any audible compression and is way to low in the mix.

Just overall the whol track is very undynamic.

one weird wtf question. For that type of guitar playing, why the hell did you not us an OD pedal?

thanks for the comments!

U can tell i didn't use any pedal just by listening??

i recorded all my guitar DI tracks with a J48 directly into a firebox.. then my studio tech reamped everything into a 5150

thanks for the comments!

U can tell i didn't use any pedal just by listening??

i recorded all my guitar DI tracks with a J48 directly into a firebox.. then my studio tech reamped everything into a 5150

I would say I have a good ear for noticing shit liek that but I would be lying because when you don't use an OD pedal like a TS9 or SD-1 there is a certain loos low end sound. When you add an OD you get tighter more stronger in your face sounding guitars that really cut through.