Small World!

Danny rctv

Girl Band Geek!
May 22, 2002
San Francisco
www.realitychecktv.com
I had no idea Courtney & Nita were in Lorraine Lewis' all new Femme Fatale with one of my oldest friends Janis Tanaka! I've known her since 1990 (That's longer than I've known Linda & before Courtney was born!)She was a fixture in the San Francisco underground rock scene for years before joining L7 and then going big time playing bass for Pink! I just posted this interview I did with her at NAMM last January & at the time I had no idea she was playing with gals from the Maidens!https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GPUm-ap96e8

I got to fill in for Athena a few months ago Monsters of Rock Cruise and Janis completely ROCKS! Love her as a person and a monster bass player too! Small world indeed! :hotjump:

I didn't know about Janis' career outside of Femme. Very cool! And in addition to being a super talented bassist, she is the funniest, nicest person. :D

Yeah in the early 90's she played for this kick ass drinking band called The jackson Saints who had a big following but never got signed then she was in Stone Fox an all girl band(except the drummer) who won a prestigious BAMMY Award. They were on Linda Perry of 4 Non Blondes fame's record label. Then she was in L7 for a while then she joined Hammers of Misfortune who did a doom Metal opera/concept album. After that she was in Fireball Ministry and at the same time Linda Perry got her the gig with Pink. So she's been around and has been doing well.