Smashing Pumpkin's Mellon Collie and the Infinite Sadness

Wow, someone in the CoB forum actually has taste beyond CoB (and copies) and is relatively open-minded musically.

Mellon Collie is one of those albums I've been listening to since I was 14. The later records disappointed me a bit, Zwan was a disaster, wanting to revive Smashing Pumpkings sounds like the worst idea in the world, but Mellon Collie is a masterpiece, period.

@hitori: a fellow Nelf! :D
but yeah, i never really got into anything outside of Mellon Collie :lol:
adore had some good ideas, production-wise, for its time... but mellon collie's first CD was just the best they could do, period.

@Woad: it's playing on my head right now, have to listen to it before i go nuts :p

Yeah Tut.. I used to listen a lot to that. It was cool when I was learning to play guitar. Then lots of years have passed since then ...and a friend of mine came back at my place with this. I was already hooked just by the first notes of the piano intro. :) Reminded me of so much things that have passed in high school.

Yeah my favorites : Tonight, Tonight, Through The Eyes Of Ruby, Zero, Where Boys Fear To Tread and Bodies. Some songs are quite heavy (i.e An Ode To No One amd X.Y.U.) and some others are really, really weird indeed: (i.e : We Only Come Up At Night).

I listened to Siamese Dream after... and hadn't the same effect on me though.

mmm The Smashing Pumpkins are my favorite band. And Mellon Collie is a masterpiece, if you can look past the incredibly emo album name.