smthng between Deftones, Blink and In Flames...

LSD-Studio

HCAF crusher
Jul 2, 2006
Germany
www.lsd-tonstudio.de
k, not really I gotta admit, but i had to lure you to this thing somehow....

this time it's some partypunk-stuff.

please give some hints and advices on the mix.

thanks.

LocoMotive - Today

BTW I really like that song...was lots of fun recording and mixing it....
although I'm usually not that much of a modern-punk-fan....
perhaps it's because the nice vox-harmonies and that in flames guitarpart in the middle ;)

Cool!

Nothing to add, besides that i think the OH's could use a volume boost fo sho... good job man.

k, not really I gotta admit, but i had to lure you to this thing somehow....

this time it's some partypunk-stuff.

please give some hints and advices on the mix.

thanks.

LocoMotive - Today

BTW I really like that song...was lots of fun recording and mixing it....
although I'm usually not that much of a modern-punk-fan....
perhaps it's because the nice vox-harmonies and that in flames guitarpart in the middle ;)

This is cool and listenable cause it doesn't have that whiney upper class but wanna be ghetto whiney american accent.

I like it

I'd say it's severely bass-shy and as a result, small sounding. The balance is great and everything sounds good, the mix just has no low-end...

dunno bout that. not really sure - some major mixes have way less low end
than the stuff you can do with a daw. but with respect for broadcasting and such you keep it down, especially with popmixes. BUT in fact i'm not really
sure why its done. andys mixes sounded less lowendy back in the day,
but maybe thats un-metalish mastering ?!

Yepp, I just tried to add some low-end again via Guits and Bass-not in mastering-, think that's better now.
although i like that kick it's VERY dangerous on some stereo-systems and tends to get woofy, so i decided to keep it down a bit instead of making it clickier...

thanks for your help dudes, without this forum my mixes would only be 80% of what they are.

:kickass: