in flames tunning?

MushroomHead

New Metal Member
Jul 30, 2003
ok, sorry to say that over my almost 5 years of playing guitar that I have become dependent on chromatic tuners to get desired tunning for certain songs/bands and I just can not figure out how to find in flames tunning on this korg chromatic because it doesn't have some of the notes programmed into it.

I would really appreciate it if somone could perhaps explain how to get into their tunning from another or some other way?

I also see alot of in flames tabs that are in different tunning from one another which i know is a common problem with tablatures but can somone confirm what c tunning they actually do use and how I might be able to achieve it?

Thanks in advance

- Ryan

what i don;t understand is the sharp notes.

C F A# D# G C

the A# and D# notes do not come in on the tuner I have, I can get the c f g c fine, should I just tune them as power chords after that and let them ring correctly to get the sharps? if it's standard C then shouldn't that show up on a chromatic?

Standard C is what cold uses and I believe these are two different tunning but not entirely sure

Standard c is C, F, Bb, Eb, G, C? issint it?

in flames is C F A# D# G C?

whats the difference here

there is no difference.

a Bb is in actuality an A#. they are one and the same.
an Eb is the same as D#.

I'm not sure why they were called sharps either. they should be called flats. you couldn't get your tuner to recognize the #s because they are generally recognized as flats in the music world.

hopefully that makes sense. good luck.

ok i may sound dorky but i dont care. i play sax and guitar and bchild28 is right. since music education taught me it makes no difference what an A# and Bb are. they are both the same thing. so when you tune your guitar tune it to C F Bb Eb G C. good luck man. rock on. \m/ later.

the only difference between A# and Bb is theory. Musically they are the same, but they are written differently

mushroomhead, go buy a better tuner. you can get a decent one for like 20 bucks. ditch that pieceo of shit you have now

you can tune your guitar down to C without a tuner. shit, i have a 20 dollar korg tuner that does every note. but that BOSS one is the last one you will EVER need

They use D tuning for Lunar Strain & Subterranean. C tuning on the other albums and sometimes they drop the low C to A (for songs like Ordinary Story, Colony, Pinball Map, Minus, etc).

:wave: