in flames tunning?

Tebus said:
Am I wrong? They seem to use drop tuning on some songs from the C F A# D# G# C to A# F A# D# G# C (low to high). Tell me what song to listen to so that I can see where I am wrong.

Who cares!!! I tune by ear and I dont pay attention to the tune names, I can play whatever you want on guitar and not be able to name any chords I do. Plus i'm not a tablature fan either so I wouldnt know who's wrong or right when they try to find the ideal tuning for playing In Flames songs. This is just for fun, so if i'm wrong about some technical details it's ok as long as it sounds good, no biggie.

... Now stop the "I'm right, you're wrong" thing, it's going nowhere.

:wave:

Peekaboo said:
Who cares!!! I tune by ear and I dont pay attention to the tune names, I can play whatever you want on guitar and not be able to name any chords I do. Plus i'm not a tablature fan either so I wouldnt know who's wrong or right when they try to find the ideal tuning for playing In Flames songs. This is just for fun, so if i'm wrong about some technical details it's ok as long as it sounds good, no biggie.

... Now stop the "I'm right, you're wrong" thing, it's going nowhere.

:wave:
Sorry about that dude. I wasn't trying to be an asshole or anything. It's just that I'm wrong 90% of the time and I honestly wanted to know if I was wrong about that. I don't look at tabs either, and only learn songs by ear. The only reason I try to know tunings is so that I can quickly change tunings depending on what song I want to play, which is a limited selection of songs. :) Have a good one.

Well it's really not complicated, with In Flames you only have two possibilities: the usual C tuning then drop the lower string one full step for the songs I stated earlier.

You too have fun jamming on Flaming tunes.

:hotjump:

Everybody seems to screw up just a little bit when trying to explain there tunings. I'll sort it out:

Lunar Strain / Sub - Standard D tuning
The rest - Standard C tuning
Exceptions - Songs tuned in C with the sixth string dropped to A# (or Bb if you prefer), that's songs like Pinball Map, System, As the Future Repeats today, Colony and Ordinary story

And some have told me they use standard D with the sixth string dropped to C on some songs (Bullet Ride, Suburban me and Reroute to Remain). Not so sure about that though.

Peekaboo said:
Well it's really not complicated, with In Flames you only have two possibilities: the usual C tuning then drop the lower string one full step for the songs I stated earlier.

You too have fun jamming on Flaming tunes.

:hotjump:
Indeed it isn't complicated. You have fun too. :)

Hello...first post here.

I am learning the song "Drenched in Fear" and I am 99% certain that the tuning for that one is CFA#DGC....but I am confused because that is not quite C tuning (the D should be a D#) but if I tune it to standard C, it isn't even close.

Can anyone tell me if I am right? It sounds spot on, but I always second guess myself.

LOL...I just realized this thread is waaaay old....:oops::oops::oops:

Ehh, yeh this is an old thread, but im looking for the same thing..juss in easier to understand terms lol

Im not really a NOVICE or BEGINNER guitarist... i shred all the time, and it actually sounds good... but im NOT good at tuning...i can do drop D, uhmm...

whatever strings it is for 5th string in drop D, then tune the 6th to standard with the dropped string, but idk what thats called =P

But yeh, someone explain to meh how you can do that tuning. ESPECIALLY for My Sweet Shadow =P

Ehh, yeh this is an old thread, but im looking for the same thing..juss in easier to understand terms lol

Im not really a NOVICE or BEGINNER guitarist... i shred all the time, and it actually sounds good... but im NOT good at tuning...i can do drop D, uhmm...

whatever strings it is for 5th string in drop D, then tune the 6th to standard with the dropped string, but idk what thats called =P

But yeh, someone explain to meh how you can do that tuning. ESPECIALLY for My Sweet Shadow =P

A few points.

A) Thanks for uncovering a thread dead for nearly 6 years.
B) The 5th string in drop D is either an A or B depending on how you look at the instrument and it doesn't change from standard tuning to drop D.
C) I don't believe that you're much of a shredder. You don't know the notes on the fretboard, so you probably don't know the scales, so you wouldn't know how to utilize said scales to create something interesting and original. Maybe you're capable of pulling off a few riffs after looking at some numbers in Guitar Pro, but after a little practice, who can't?
D) What does shredding have to do with any of this? It's overrated, incredibly boring to listen to and says little about a person's skill as a musician.
E)Go away.

A few points.

A) Thanks for uncovering a thread dead for nearly 6 years.
B) The 5th string in drop D is either an A or B depending on how you look at the instrument and it doesn't change from standard tuning to drop D.
C) I don't believe that you're much of a shredder. You don't know the notes on the fretboard, so you probably don't know the scales, so you wouldn't know how to utilize said scales to create something interesting and original. Maybe you're capable of pulling off a few riffs after looking at some numbers in Guitar Pro, but after a little practice, who can't?
D) What does shredding have to do with any of this? It's overrated, incredibly boring to listen to and says little about a person's skill as a musician.
E)Go away.

Looks like someone hasnt had a very good day huh? im glad you know how to be a douche =]. and if you're thinking of a tab...i dont use tabs, i make my own stuff up. =P no matter what you say, imma keep saying im good...because its bout the only thing i AM good at. dude, im only 16... and i've taught myself everything i know, so you should give me SOME credit..and i'd LOVE to learn the scales and shit, anything to make me a better musician.

I'm going to dig this thread up again and say that the new album is entirely in A#

A lot of their stuff seems to be in A# actually.

And your post shows that retards are actually allowed to post on forums.