Snakepit #15 Out

DBB

Dec 20, 2005
Snakepit20issue2015.jpg

Finally, the reworked/ professionally printed issue 15 of Snakepit magazine is out for $8 plus postage! It features something like 85 pages fulfilled with past, present and future Metal heroes such as ABATTOIR, ANGER AS ART, ATTAXE, AVENGER, AZAGTHOTH, BATTALION, BATTLEAXE, BLITZKRIEG, BLOODCUM, BLOODLUST, COLD BLOOD, DREAMS OF DAMNATION, HEATHEN, HIRAX, IMAGIKA, LEMMY’S WÄRT, LONEWOLF, PAGAN WAR MACHINE, POISON, RAVENSTHORN, REALM, REDRUM, R.U. DEAD?, SACRILEGE B.C., SATAN, TOXIC, UNSEEN TERROR, VALHALLA, VIRON, WAR CRY, WARGOD, WEAPON 13 and TORRID RECORDS as label special. Plus tons of reviews.
If that’s not enough, you will also get an INSANITY 7” as bonus featuring material from 1985!!! This 7” will only be available with this Snakepit issue.

Where else can you find filled with nothing but PURE MOLTEN Metal interviews!? If you miss the awesome early days of Metal Forces, Whiplash or Kick Ass Monthly, when you could discover promising, exciting new acts and read about mysterious past heroes, then be sure this last issue of Snakepit will fullfill your hunger!

TO ORDER ISSUE 15 FROM NUCLEAR WAR PRODUCTIONS, you have to go through the E Store here:

osCommerce

I’d like to point out that in case you wouldn’t receive the copy that you order, I have no responsibility into that at all, can’t be blamed (postal service would be the only one to blame) and will not send another copy instead, I want to make this clear as it can happen unfortunately.

Issue 14 is also available with a pro printing format thru NWP for $8, so you can order 14 & 15 at once and them ion a pro printed format (like Snakepit used to be a couple years ago). Ask Yosuke for wholesale prices.

NWP website:
Nuclear War Now! Productions
nuclearwarnow_prod@yahoo.com

Snakepit website:

SNAKEPIT - Heavy Metal Magazine Join the board here!

Please do your best to make this issue doing VERY well as it’s the one which will decide when #16 will be out (half completed at this point featuring again totally exclusive chats with W. GENERAL, CHEMIKILL, SCEPTRE (!!!), TRANSGRESSOR/ SEPTER, ARCHENEMY (L.A.), JJ’S POWERHOUSE, Chuck Proffus, AGGRESSION, EXHORDER, DEATHFORCE etc etc…)… this is your turn NOW!

Oh finally a re-release of a magazine with better packaging and bonus tracks...I'll skip that one, thanks, even though my original issue has fallen apart. Is that Insanity thing worth a listen?

Hahahaha! Now that you mention it, I recall that #15 was available in awhile back in Europe, but this is the first time its been easy to get a copy over here in the States.

I have no idea about the demo, my issue is in the mail as I type.

EDIT: Now that I think about it, I am almost positive that it was unavailable over here until now.

It is certainly interesting to see Exhorder in there, since they are most often associated with founding the style and sound that Pantera perfected or ripped-off depending on who you are talking to.

I'm going to be honest with you- I don't expect the writing to be much different, if I even get a copy of the magazine. I contributed the Toxik interview to this issue, but I haven't fully edited an issue since number 12 (another issue I don't have a permanent copy of). Trust me, I spent countless hours editing and transcribing and translating the Fren-glish into sensible English, but Laurent and I had a parting of the ways, so it's all his animal now.

Matt

Occam's Razor said:
Is that Insanity thing worth a listen?

It is an interesting artifact.

Very rough recording and the source it was taken from shows its age to boot.

One song is good stuff, a lot of slow and heavy riffing that holds the interest. Another song is along these lines and would be interesting to hear with better production. The remaining two songs sound like "Endless Pain" being played on a cheap tape recorder in the bottom of an aluminum trashcan.