Snare sample from me (Black Panther)

Aug 16, 2008
London, UK
fb.com
Hey guys,

I took this sample from a band I did, the snare was a brand new Mapex Black Panther with new head.

Basically you have 3 folders, "Close", "Close + OH" and mono "Room".
"Close + OH" isn't THAT much different from the "Close" ones, I just added a tiny bit of OH in there to give it a bit more depth and air.

It's 5 hard hits, no multi-velocities, didn't really have time to sample other velocities, so they should be all right for hard hitting stuff or blending.

Here's a demo so you can have a listen before downloading, it consists of Hard Hit 1 in consecutive forms of: Close, Close + OH, Close + Room, Close + OH + Room. The Room in this example is really just a touch to add a bit more dimension.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/617922/Sptz%20Snare%20Demo.mp3

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/617922/Sptz%20Snare%20Sample.rar

Hope you guys like it :)

It's 5 hard hits, no multi-velocities, didn't really have time to sample other velocities

thanks for you effort, well wait...:lol:
seriously how much does it take to record uhm...100 snare hits?
let it be 6 seconds for each hit,
100 hits x 6 seconds=600 seconds= :D:loco:

with some EQ and verb it sounds pretty cool dude. thank you!!
what mics you used?

question: is my idea or the room mic plays a pretty big role on the drum sound?

Because it was a demo and we had 6 hours to record 2 songs. If you don't like it then don't use it/download/whatever dude ;)

it's not about like/dislike, sure it's cool when people put up samples and stuff
i just think that 5 hard hits are not that usable as a snare with 5 hard, 5 medium and 5 soft hits, and if you had time to record 5 hits, you'll have
to time to do another 10, this and nothing else :)

cheers
S.

it's not about like/dislike, sure it's cool when people put up samples and stuff
i just think that 5 hard hits are not that usable as a snare with 5 hard, 5 medium and 5 soft hits, and if you had time to record 5 hits, you'll have
to time to do another 10, this and nothing else :)

cheers
S.

yes actually it would pretty cool to record more samples.

please :rofl:

I don't have the snare with me anymore. It works all right blending one shot sample with real snares, depending on how you do it, amongst a lot of other factors and this isn't one shot.

Ok, fair enough, but I DIDN'T HAVE TIME. Nor was the drummer that keen to take loads of samples for myself while on a really tight schedule.

Seriously, if you lot don't like it or are going to bitch I might as well take it down

No I don't. The demo is for internal purposes only (label and shit) so I can't really show anything.

Chain was Audix i5>ssl aws900 just a slight touch of processing>daw.

dude, those samples are awesome! i really appreciate your effort and thanks a lot!

also, i'm huge fan of your works ;)