SNBN with "improved" sound?

(__Joonas__)

† Followed the Reaper †
Mar 23, 2005
Finland
This might not be worth posting, but...

I honestly don't think this song needs added bassyness to be any better. :) It just destroys any other song that ever enters its throne room.

I think Towards Dead End needs improved bass, tho. The guy says about uploading the whole album: "Unfortunately the album video gets blocked worldwide when I upload it. I think it's because of Downfall. And I won't upload Hatebreeder without that song. Sorry. Only album so far this happened."

I think the things that hinder the epicness of the album are the bad low pitch vocals (this album has Alexi's best and worst vocals) and some unnecessary funny melodies etc, some of the material is just not as epic as the rest... I think an improvement in soundworld could only be done to TDE, it needs more bass and more echo to the lead melody (and of course better vocals). Hatebreeder material at its best, however, is the purest and greatest COB ever.

Last edited by a moderator:
This is a non official remaster? Sounds kinda refreshing but as you said, I don't think that snbn benefitted from the remastering

I think whole of Halo of Blood would benefit from a tone that isn't as bright, tamer highs would do wonders.

Of course non-official. I think rather than this, COB could be improved by mixing the high melodies and atmosphere elements of certain songs on the newer material up... It was always the songwriting that was great about this album... while the metal world is full of bands, who can't write interesting music and focus on relying on the heavy sound. It would just make SNBN sound closer to the normal metal, fuck that...

I sometimes think there could be choir-ahh's all over the fucking place in this song, dramatizing the heavy riffing and lifting the party mood in the leads. But only sometimes. Usually I have them in my head.

This stuff is really great! thanks for sharing it.
I would love to listen to the whole album.