Which Songs Should Be Remade?

(__Joonas__)

† Followed the Reaper †
Mar 23, 2005
Finland
I thought about this hypothesis, if COB made an album with the purpose of unveiling the true potential of certain songs that didn't fulfill their 'vision' on the studio record, which songs would they be? Say one from each album or so... This is a fun idea, if they really invented a perfect soundworld.

In my opinion:

Red Light In My Eyes pt. 1 - Fix those vocals and improve the musicianship. The intro riff and the acoustic part following is an eternal gem and needs to be put in the shape it deserves.

Towards Dead End - More bass, improved vocals, the melodies are such party.

Kissing the Shadows - Change that chorus.

Lil' Bloodred Ridin' Hood - This one's screaming to be a single, but to make it sensation it needs a touch heavier and darker soundworld than the thrashy HCDR album. Would be a blast; menacing, dark and atmospheric.

Knuckleduster - Little improvements to make it more technical and up to their 'standard', maybe some playing around with the notes in the riffs. It's already an epic one.

Punch Me I Bleed - Make it as haunting and atmospheric as it was live. Gigantic potential.

Can't really think one from Blooddrunk...

Roundtrip to Hell and Back - More intense darkness and better chorus. There's greatness going on until the first verse stops.

All Twisted - Fix the horrible verses and just make it more epic. It's a good chorus wasted on a bad song.

There's no reason not to do this when they decide to quit writing more albums. This would be an interesting, no stress project; these are just unpolished diamonds, why leave them 'unnoticed'? Just make sure to create a soundworld that's crispy, dark, heavy and atmospheric.

(Talking of the Trees & Translucent Image from Inearthed days are other interesting options, but maybe not.)

What about shutting your mouth, foreever? :)

Shut up RICJAMES. Four out of your 10 posts have been bashing Joonas, it's getting old. Joonas may repeat himself occasionally with his atmospheric blabbering, but it's still a lot better than most of the stuff you've said here. Besides, this topic isn't repeating anything that's been here before, at least since I made my account.

Back on topic, then. I think they should do the entirety of SW again, if they start doing this. There's lots of good stuff there (Into The Shadows melody, DW melody...), but the sound's just not that great. I mostly agree with Joonas' song choices too, although personally I find KTS and LBRH to be good just as they are.

And the hard truth? It's never going to happen (probably). :lol:

Dude, you think you're the pro cus' of long time user and really much posts? I say quality before quantity. I bet 99% of your posts were dumb trash. :)

Dude, you think you're the pro cus' of long time user and really much posts? I say quality before quantity. I bet 99% of your posts were dumb trash. :)

u are right, he has 8000 post of which i have personally seen a 1000 being crap like this or him defending himself to other people who get sick of this trash

If you don't like discussing ideas about COB, you're in the wrong place on the internet, brah. I've learned the world is full of annoying haters like you, and all I have to say to your malevolent attacks is get lost and project your issues elsewhere. Pull yourself together and carb the fuck up with fruit sugar so you won't feel so angst. I do this out of love for the art. I wish you best of luck in your life errands.

Yeah, Deadnight Warrior is a great song, while the other songs on that album all have something good about them. On that album you can sense creativity overshadowing experience - it's a badly limbing COB album due to its inexperience, but the flashes of greatness did not go unnoticed when Spinefarm made a record deal for the promising young band. But only with the better songs of Hatebreeder did they suddenly reach the world class level. It must've been the mid-point of writing Hatebreeder that they lifted themselves to a great level, where they stayed at all the way through Follow the Reaper, until becoming virtually another band with the next project.

I think Joonas is a fucking idiot but this Ricjames tryhard faggot can go and end himself.

Yeah I think so too, but the point is that some songs should be remade if we could go back in time. Indication from live displays has revealed some songs had more potential than the studio recordings manifested. One simple reason is an album's standard soundworld cannot be perfected for 9 songs, but 1 or 2 or 3, therefore you could say for example Lil' Bloodred Ridin' Hood should have a darker sound than on the album (I imagine it would sound better with the Trashed or Blooddrunk sounds), and Punch Me I Bleed should have more emphasis on keyboards and dirtier guitars, and so on. But whatever.