Ideas for next COB record

Well, i got sober too, but before that i sold people on all those lies about slowing down. Claimed i was even sober when i was not. It is metalcore, but for the sake of comparison listen to beartooth 'i have a problem'. Compare those lyrics to bodom. Bodom songs make alcoholic death sound like fun.

*facepalm*

He is deep, otherwise he couldn't have made this music. But he's deep in a street-credible way. He comes off as a total retard (maybe to get to the level of general public) but when he's himself he can make deep statements even to camera. Maybe he hasn't completely discovered himself yet or isn't comfortable being overly deep. He's not the deepest guy out there, but he's definitely more deep than an average guy. We don't really know him as a person at all - he's very exceptional, he has his gifts and curses... On top of everything, he's no bullshit guy, he actually made all that art shit happen and has been working his ass of as a rock star since teens. It's totally understandable he was to drink and rewind big time given the circumstances, good and bad.

Well, i got sober too, but before that i sold people on all those lies about slowing down. Claimed i was even sober when i was not. It is metalcore, but for the sake of comparison listen to beartooth 'i have a problem'. Compare those lyrics to bodom. Bodom songs make alcoholic death sound like fun.

Yeah, before I got sober I had this period when I wanted to appear more sophisticated. I bragged to everyone how "I only drink once in a week" and seriously thought they would think I'm a fitness guru. :lol: There was a change in the midway, yes, but come on... "only once a week"... wow? Try giving it up completely FOREVER, for ALL ETERNITY, for the REST OF YOUR ENTIRE FUCKING LIFE, never ever to experience intoxicant high again - THAT takes some serious BALLS of steel! The key however is magical inspiration...

I do not think about not drinking forever. I do not drink today, and i have six and a half months of today. Obvy i go to aa. We believe in handing our will over to a higher power. Spirituality keeps us sober for today and all the todays we keep to it.

12 step programs are great, but they aren't medical professionals. Some problems are so bad that detox could kill. Sometimes people need medical detox with benzodiazepines or other drugs that can only be obtained from medical professionals. Some people have suffered abuse for which they need crisis counseling. Some people are dual diagnosis- they have cooccurring addiction and psychological disorder- for which they need proper attention. Twelve steps are not the be all and end all of recovery.

"Joonas party monster. Joonas get fitness program. Joonas sober."

It's not really as simple as this. :lol: The human is a holistic being. I surrounded myself eventually with enough "positive addictions" I could create my own spirituality, instead of handing over my destiny to a "higher power." I got very excited with everything I could do when being sober. It's an advantage, but vast life energy also makes one prone to negative addictions, when the life energy is focused on wrong things. I had a contradiction for years, when I drank once a week and otherwise lived healthy. I started because I had a very difficult youth and found salvation from drinking and burying the negatives to the happy moments. This makes one lost eventually, in a gray world. Some things happened to me that made me see 'omg, life's so fucking exciting, I have to claim my dreams instead.' What I discovered is something very natural to life, but it's useless to try to explain to depressed addicts. First you need to get out of the gray world and see colors... somehow people just don't realize, for happiness a holistic human needs the basic elements: right nutrition, sports, nature, 'spirituality' (philosophy, art, mythology, science...) and positive ways to relieve stress. It sounds horrible to "just stop" and go on living in the gray world, I say good luck...

These days I have to try to appear more jerk than I am and try to hide the soberness, because apparently girls don't like sober guys. Soberness creates fear and a sensation of inferiority, or thinking the person is boring... it's hard to understand somebody can have more fun sober than others drinking. I was living on the fucking moon when I imagined girls would come easier if I chose to be sober. Most of people look so fucking boring when they're drinking. Man, I was making some wild fucking adventures. It's better for me to focus this energy onto healthy, exciting things. It's all about love. Fear based motivation isn't a strong enough reason for sobering up - you need love based inspiration. When on a high, you experience love and excitement. You can experience it also with music, art, nature, sports, good food, social situations. Women are a trap tho, they will destroy you mentally - women are an addiction that's even more sinister to get rid of. This is what I've learned.

It is always great to hear people have found happiness in sobriety. I am much happier than i was, but i am still bothered by negative thoughts about what i did and what happened to me even through no fault of my own. It gets better with every day.

As for your lady problem, perhaps the problem is the sort of women you encounter. People who drink and use will hardly want a sober partner. Sober people should be with sober people for maximum happiness. Sure there are the times you can help a person get sober, but they have to want it for themselves. You cannot force people to get sober. I am very happy that my partner got sober with me so we did not need to separate from lifestyle difference. That is a rare thing- most people would rather drink than keep a partner who has found sobriety. He did not need twelve steps. He simply stopped. Not everyone with a drinking or drug problem is an alcoholic or addict. Some people simply overindulge. Twelve step programs are designed and have been proven effective for true alcoholics and addicts with a desire to get sober. For real addicts, wanting to stop does not necessarily facilitate stopping. We can go on in pain for ages even while wanting it to end. All the willpower we can muster is not enough. But not all problem drinkers have this flaw. Problem drinking is not always alcoholism.

Joonas, do you play? You have so many ideas, but you just want to give them away? Why not write it yourself? Make a Joonas band. Don't sell yourself short just giving it away. Because what you are doing here- giving general description with quotes of what is already their intellectual property- they can take that and you would lose out completely. But if you made your own intellectual product- a recording or notes on paper- then you would have some rights. Even if they only used a main theme you would still have a right to say they got that from me. So long as you or a lawyer retained your intellectual product they cannot really make it their intellectual property. Unless you sign it over and agree to be silenced. Do you want to be silenced Joonas?

It is really no differen . From what the label does to bands. The bands make intellectual product and the label copywrites. It is the intellectual property of the label, but the intellectual product of the band.

So if you had a product that the band used to make their product and it became the property of the label you would have two choices. One you could do nothing and troll the web making claims others may or may not believe. Or two you could take the label to court and maybe get some money but risk the band losing the product and never play the work again. Worst case scenario is if it went to trial. You could settle out of court and be silenced.

So i don't mean to scare you off from what you are doing. I am just saying clearly you have a passion, and that is worth making your own intellectual product.

I think that Alex is not playing on the guitar, he extracs by her through the melody, which is hidden in the metal. The difference between us and him is that he knows how to do it right and we do not...