CoB next In Flames ?

you must admit alexi did seem very american on that dr strings promo, LoL i was down like a clown the first time i saw that... wtf alexi you dumm ass, taste great ? was he told to sell cereal and got confused lol.

your mum said:
i remember i saw a video of alexi promoting some strings and i just couldnt stop laughing because of how american he was trying to be. you may have seen it.

:err:

Yeah I have seen it. Okay, how the fuck is Alexi trying to be American? Is it by doing the promotion for DR? Bullshit. Musicians endorse things in the rest of the world too. Is it the 'and they taste great' comment? IT WAS A FUCKING JOKE!! As for the music changing, musicians and the music they make evolves. They are not going to remake the first three albums, and I for one would be pissed if they kept churning out Hatebreeder, Pt. 2, Pt. 3 and so on, same goes for SW, FTR, and HCDR. But maybe that's because I love music not just bands. I love new music, I love to hear how bands/artists have changed and progressed. But it's a pain in the ass being a music lover because we're few and far between and I have to listen to everyone else gripe about how an artist/band has changed no matter whether the change was good or bad. :bah:

Well i seriously think that the new bodom is more song based, and less riff based.

Think of it this way as well, for you who cannot grasp the concept. They have been playing songs from SW Hatebreeder, FtR for years. Playing that neo classical style for years, the same songs, for YEARS. Day after Day, for years. And they will still be playing some of those songs for years to come. My point is that they are probbably getting bored with having the same sounding stuff, so Alexi decided to make songs that can really get people movin at concerts and such. Sure super fast shredding is impressive, but at the same time, if all your stuff sounds like that it will become stale. Not to the fans, but to the band itself. So why not make a catalog with different sounding songs, so that if you feel like playing a straight forward fast riffing song, to get the energy flowing, instead of super technical shred classical riffing.

Personally I am enjoying the new bodom stuff a lot, but I wish there was more keys in it. Janne must feel pretty bored when the new songs are performed.

Morrigu20 said:
:err:

Yeah I have seen it. Okay, how the fuck is Alexi trying to be American? Is it by doing the promotion for DR? Bullshit. Musicians endorse things in the rest of the world too. Is it the 'and they taste great' comment? IT WAS A FUCKING JOKE!! As for the music changing, musicians and the music they make evolves. They are not going to remake the first three albums, and I for one would be pissed if they kept churning out Hatebreeder, Pt. 2, Pt. 3 and so on, same goes for SW, FTR, and HCDR. But maybe that's because I love music not just bands. I love new music, I love to hear how bands/artists have changed and progressed. But it's a pain in the ass being a music lover because we're few and far between and I have to listen to everyone else gripe about how an artist/band has changed no matter whether the change was good or bad. :bah:

Yes, I love music, not just technical playing. I understand exactly what you mean.

Elysian893 said:
about as bored as the drummer i'd imagine...

come on, you are hellish! compare the drums of AYDY or HCDR with SW!! That was punky drums, not more ! :hotjump: :hotjump:

Quote:
Originally Posted by HauknessX
dude....if alexi didnt try and be american bodom wouldnt exist...you know that right??

Hahahahahaha, fuck off.

the reason why alexi started playing guitar was american 80s music that his sister would listen to. hes always been influenced by america. obviously thats not the only thing thats influenced him but his stlye has always been quite american.

They should tour Ozzfest or Gigantour, buy houses in LA and invite Jay-Z for new record...

Warheart2 said:
What are you stoned?

afraid not buddy. Which comment was that comment directed at either, the "In Your Face" a disappointment or the CoB isn't death metal.

Silver Incubus said:
Well i seriously think that the new bodom is more song based, and less riff based.

Think of it this way as well, for you who cannot grasp the concept. They have been playing songs from SW Hatebreeder, FtR for years. Playing that neo classical style for years, the same songs, for YEARS. Day after Day, for years. And they will still be playing some of those songs for years to come. My point is that they are probbably getting bored with having the same sounding stuff, so Alexi decided to make songs that can really get people movin at concerts and such. Sure super fast shredding is impressive, but at the same time, if all your stuff sounds like that it will become stale. Not to the fans, but to the band itself. So why not make a catalog with different sounding songs, so that if you feel like playing a straight forward fast riffing song, to get the energy flowing, instead of super technical shred classical riffing.

Personally I am enjoying the new bodom stuff a lot, but I wish there was more keys in it. Janne must feel pretty bored when the new songs are performed.

agreed :headbang: