CoB next In Flames ?

The Don said:
3) No riffs that involve 4 or more notes in rapid succession.

6) Singer who is of a different race than the rest of the band/Short haired dyed blonde white guy

9) Guitarists worse than most guitarists on UM

teehheehheee :worship:

_FollowTheReaper_ said:
They were a fucking huge Melodic/black/atmospheric metal band. They became dropped, that fucked everything. And I insist on the fact i fucking prefered Alexander's parts than Roope's parts.

roope owns Alexander in the face

THOU SHALT NOT MESS WITH ROOPE

_FollowTheReaper_ said:
I don't mean the companies, I mean those stupid names ppl make up for the different kinds of music. Rhapsody for instance wants us to believe they are 'film score metal'. Hell with that. If every band wants a style to fit themselves, then they are meaningless

New in flames does not rump at all but i like Cob's new style,buttttttttttt Alexi is trying way to hard to go hard core.

When iron maiden went from their punkish sound(maiden killers) to the heavy metal sound (ahh...everything Else) it wasnt a bad thing i mean i liek the the old stuff and the new stuff too. well i dont care if bodom sells out or watever jsut as long as they produce awesome music. and it is not like they dont sell the old albums anymore. and personally i liek to give everything a try.

The fact of the matter is, there isn’t a lot we can do about this change.

Children Of Bodom were my favourite band of all time a few years ago, used to listen to Hatebreeder every day etc. To say I'm disappointed with this change is an understatement but after debating it over countless times you just get tired of it.

If you aren't enjoying the new stuff like me, I'd suggest you start finding new bands to take the place. They are not going to revert back to the days of Neo Classical metal anytime soon, so you may as well find something else.
For example I’ve been listening to more and more Death metal over the last few months getting heavily into bands like Cryptopsy, Vital Remains, Nile, Behemoth, Necrophagist and other melo-death bands like Arsis.

It isn’t easy having to accept a band has lost their way and move on but it just has to be done sometimes.

Day_Before_Dawn said:
The fact of the matter is, there isn’t a lot we can do about this change.

Children Of Bodom were my favourite band of all time a few years ago, used to listen to Hatebreeder every day etc. To say I'm disappointed with this change is an understatement but after debating it over countless times you just get tired of it.

If you aren't enjoying the new stuff like me, I'd suggest you start finding new bands to take the place. They are not going to revert back to the days of Neo Classical metal anytime soon, so you may as well find something else.
For example I’ve been listening to more and more Death metal over the last few months getting heavily into bands like Cryptopsy, Vital Remains, Nile, Behemoth, Necrophagist and other melo-death bands like Arsis.

It isn’t easy having to accept a band has lost their way and move on but it just has to be done sometimes.

i've recently started listening to into eternity, buried in oblivion is just a great album all around...

i remember i saw a video of alexi promoting some strings and i just couldnt stop laughing because of how american he was trying to be. you may have seen it.

Well the undeniable fact is that bands will go a direction they want to go and do whatever the fuck they want to do. I personally like all of COB's stuff, and a great majority of In Flames' work, Soundtrack inclluded, and im excited about hearing the new albums from both bands. But some people dont like the direction a lot of bands have taken in their later albums, or visa versa, they didnt like the earlier stuff but likes a bands later stuff. If you dont like the new stuff, dont listen to it, fair and square, and if you like the new stuff, by all means listen to it and support the band. It's not like just because COB has gone a direction you dont like that you have to throw away all your Bodom cd's and not support them at all anymore.

In Flames? Bland? In Flames will always be one of my favorite bands. Jesper and Bjorn are musical monsters. They may not be the best guitar players in metal, but they have created some of the most amazing music I have ever heard. The melodies they have created are simply amazing and I will never be able to fathom the creativity that In Flames beholds. I don't like the new crap. I listened to the newest album once. It contains nothing of interest for me. As is the same with Children Of Bodom. Except I gave their new cd a listen to three times, instead of one, because they are my favorite band. Either way, you can not deny what bands like In Flames, Dark Tranquillity, Soilwork, Amon Amarth, At The Gates etc have done for melodic death metal. As a side note, DT IS STILL ROCKING. Wow. They continue to blow me away album after album. The way they recreate themselves over and over, and still make amazing music while their peers have moved on to Ozzfest and MTV. Anyway this is kinda long. In general, new COB blows and they will never go back to the old ways. Hold your hope in Kalmah, invest some listening time in Wintersun and Ensiferum. Many many many many bands making good, respectable music still. ;)

erm..........is it me or are metal forums on the internet full of moaning bastards

anyway bodom riffs are too complex to be even considered nu metal, guitar in nu metal is all simple riffs used for backing and not lead

Elysian893 said:
oct. 6th with stratovarius, i'm definately gonna be there...

Hey, good to hear good things about them! I've already got tickets to see them with Stratovarius October 9th and 10th and then also with Sonata Arctica in Febuary next year. WOOOH! And Bodom's coming in November :dopey: (I'm very very happy about this year and metal shows!) :headbang: