Ideas for next COB record

(__Joonas__)

† Followed the Reaper †
Mar 23, 2005
Finland
I'd like to see Bodom make an album with 9 songs, but a special idea I have is to make songs with much less vocals. Let the music drive the game, so that vocals only need little emphasis, but when they come, they come with awesome black metal voice and carefully constructed and considered lyrics. What's been bothering me with late albums is how the vocals/lyrics take so much space. So make extreme and extremely interesting vocal/lyric work, and only when it's necessary in the music.

Maybe something like: verse1, chorus, verse2, chorus. Minimal amount of vocals, but make them super weird and surprising. Everything else is sheer victory march of the music.

I'd like more darkness in it too and more atmosphere. Something like a darker version of Hatebreeder.

Blooddrunk keyboard sound back + More black metal-ish trem picking songs like Halo of Blood. What they'll do next is too unpredictable though. Wouldn't surprise me if they had a long ass tour cycle for this album like they had in 2008, but anything is possible. I don't know if it's just me, but Nuclear Blast bands usually stick to the 2 year album cycles, with the exception of like Dimmu Borgir, who haven't done anything in forever now(not complaining :lol:)

I'm never really disappointed by the music Alexi writes. If anything, I want his older tones to make a comeback. More cream, less sharp.

In new record i want to hear the solo like in "Punch me i bleed", "Wrath within", "Ops i did it again" and "Sleeping in my car" ! But here is one thing, Alexi is the God of guitar and, no matter, what he will create, that will be a tune that would shook the world...

In new record i want to hear the solo like in "Punch me i bleed", "Wrath within", "Ops i did it again" and "Sleeping in my car" ! But here is one thing, Alexi is the God of guitar and, no matter, what he will create, that will be a tune that would shook the world...

After reading this I couldn't do anything but laugh like a fucking idiot :lol:

Holy shit I lol'd.

Punch me I bleed, please don't stop posting here, I need to be able to hear more about "Ops I did it again"

THIS! I AGREE WITH THIS DUDE!

Holy shit I lol'd.

Punch me I bleed, please don't stop posting here, I need to be able to hear more about "Ops I did it again"

Dear Mr. Works0fheart, do You know what caused me to listen the Children Of Bodom group? Try to guess from 3 attempts. Of course that was "Children of Bodom - Ops i did it again" . So what TFW with this song?

I'm not sure what I just read so I really don't know how to respond to you, but once I figure it out I'll do my best to answer.

I think cob should not take any advice from anyone about their next album. They should even plug their ears when walking down the street so they are not influenced by people's whistling. Just cut off from the world to get rid of all influence.