Sneap and Amon Amarth

Looking forward to this. Andy is up against some serious competition though, the previous albums by Bogren already sounded pretty damn awesome.

For a relevant update, they've posted some pictures on fb. Doesn't show anything studio related other than the first time I've seen Andy's studio B (Scott Atkins is helping out with the record), still cool! Also, KPA in use for guitar tracking, at least for monitoring!

227611_522187064481730_1776239585_n.jpg

394941_524095120957591_2014206864_n.jpg

46302_526562357377534_1543665234_n.jpg

not impressed. i'm digging the thrashy feel, but i don't think the riffs fit together very well, songwriting is very bland, and the overall thing sounds sterile as fuck.....especially the vocals sound quite halfhearted to me.
creativity (or lack of it) is one thing, but to me it seems that bogren was a better fit soundwise.

edit: don't get me wrong, it's not a bad mix by any means of course....technically it's really well done. i just think that bogrens work was better at supporting the music and getting the vibe across.

not impressed. i'm digging the thrashy feel, but i don't think the riffs fit together very well, songwriting is very bland, and the overall thing sounds sterile as fuck.....especially the vocals sound quite halfhearted to me.
creativity (or lack of it) is one thing, but to me it seems that bogren was a better fit soundwise.

edit: don't get me wrong, it's not a bad mix by any means of course....technically it's really well done. i just think that bogrens work was better at supporting the music and getting the vibe across.

I think the mix sounds killer. And as far as the content...It's Amon Amarth...nothing really has changed much with them. IMO it's more a matter of being "used" to how their other stuff sounds. I like the cleaner, smoother guitar tones. Past albums tones have always sounded wierd to me. *shrugs*

I LOVE that guitar tone. Any details, Andy? The bass sounds fucking huge as well, love how much presence it has.

Mix overall is great; music is pretty standard AA. Loving how natural the kick sounds too, as far as dynamics go. And those toms, damn!