Sneap Guitar Multiband settings

dmmi

Mar 23, 2010
I saw on this forum a while ago, someone posted some guiitar specific multiband compression (I think) settings to eliminate the low mid gunk of a guitar track.....granted the setting were just a starting point, they did work for me, but I've lost the project I had them on (ugg...should have made template.

But did some searching and can't find it on the forum...can someone post a link please....

Thx,
Cheers!

Oh man this is golden! I hadn't thought about this before but it really cleaned up my guitar part. Used the exact same setting but with 2db less "range" than Andy. Awesome!

Google it man. Don't be afraid. It's easy.
Andy + Sneap + C4 and it's in the first image

That's a good starting point, just keep in mind that it's for a particular setup: i.e., gtr>amp>cab>mic>mic placement>preamp. It may not work so well for your setup. I use the ReaXcomp on Reaper, and solo the low band while sweeping the range. You can tell pretty easily where the 'woof' is and kill it without ruining your tone.

PS: FF666, luv that Rock Master! I've got one feeding a Chameleon and a MESA 2:90. A highly underrated pre.

That's a good starting point, just keep in mind that it's for a particular setup: i.e., gtr>amp>cab>mic>mic placement>preamp. It may not work so well for your setup. I use the ReaXcomp on Reaper, and solo the low band while sweeping the range. You can tell pretty easily where the 'woof' is and kill it without ruining your tone.

PS: FF666, luv that Rock Master! I've got one feeding a Chameleon and a MESA 2:90. A highly underrated pre.

I just discovered the other day, after reading the manual :), that ReaComp has all the functionality you need for doing this kind of compression.
Dialing the lowpass down to where you need it does the job, it's even got a preview filter box.

Unless there's a setting hiding somewhere that I haven't found, ReaComp cannot do this by itself. Using the high/low-pass sliders toward the bottom affect what range it *listens* to, but it will still compress the entire signal when it clamps down.