C3 Multiband Compressor???

About the 'multipal C4s or not' thing..

I don't know the answer but what is the question really? I think it's partly a matter of whether you want 1 guitar triggering another or several others. The compressor is gonna start acting as soon as the threshold is reached obviously.. so it's like the first guitar over the line sets it off, then the last guitar out of the zone governs when it starts to lets go. If the guitars are playing the exact same thing at a medium to fast tempo, to my mind it shouldn't matter... maybe it even helps to glue them together a bit. But then if it's slower and maybe looser material and you want maximum thickness, then you probably want each guitar to have as much body as possible and to only squish him when it's absolutely necessary.... You don't want one being thinned out before it's time.

I'll stop here cause I can't really profess to know exactly what I'm talking about, and one important factor I'm unsure of is - is C4 treating each channel (L/R) completely separately on it's own terms... or is left effected when right goes over threshold and visa versa?

Well I have no idea if this is even usable but here is what I came up with (I don't have the C4 but if someone was willing to apply it to my track (andy's C4 setting with no change) I might be able to copy it a little bit better. I did this on a 5150 track (red ch) sm57 on axis v30 speaker.

IMO this thing is not very user intuitive:

C3 bank

I used the mid band but I am not sure if it was the best choice or not. Please don't complain that this sounds like crap (or not sneap enough), it's free don't complain.

Thanks for the help.

Don't worry. I won't complain. I know this thing isn't user intuative at all, that's why I was asking for help. The manual sucks shit and I couldn't figure out the controls very well in comparison with other comps.

I was just testing this plug in to see if I could get it to do what I wanted. I know it won't sound like Sneap, but beggers can't be choosers.....

BTW- I'm assuming the link is a preset? (Im at work and won't be able to find out till later)