Snowed in!!

That's a bit like what happened here in Melbourne! Only here the trains were suspended because the tracks got too hot and warped. And the power went out in the city loop. And it happened at the end of the day, so it meant I couldn't get home from work.

It was 45 degrees here on Friday, Bev. We still had to work though. I'd rather be snowed in. :)

And it happened at the end of the day, so it meant I couldn't get home from work.

That's the worst bit. Had I been suicidal, I could have walked in the snow for an hour and a half to Brixton and got on one of the two tube lines running. As the weather is expected to get worse this afternoon and this evening, I'd then be faced with a nightmare journey home. So I stayed put. :)

Warped tracks - holy shit balls. :eek:

getting messages from both friends in London and Melbourne complaining about things.

pretty bad all around.

my ex-girlfriend in Brunei says that it's been raining almost non-stop for 3 weeks over there, being pretty much the worse she has ever seen, and resulting in about 7 or 8 deaths so far.

Friends in the states having their houses suddenly buried under snow was a bit of a surprise to them.

seems to be bad everywhere right now.

so we should just sit back, crack open a beer and wait for the 2nd Coming. :p

The heat's actually fine when you're at work in an office, because you don't know how hot it is outside. It's a shit to be out in, but at least you can get from point A to point B. Weather's entertaining when it hits the extremes. :headbang:

:lol:

I'm ronery.

so ronery.

was watching the news tonight and saw that parts of Queensland has been flooded.

selfish bastards.

they should sent that shit down to the Murray/Darling Basin and fix that mess up.
but think that Queensland and the NT were hit by same monsoon cells that have been battering South East Asia for the past few weeks.

supposedly cool change moving in next week but we need it sooner.
especially you boys in Melbourne.

so ronery.

was watching the news tonight and saw that parts of Queensland has been flooded.

selfish bastards.

they should sent that shit down to the Murray/Darling Basin and fix that mess up.
but think that Queensland and the NT were hit by same monsoon cells that have been battering South East Asia for the past few weeks.

supposedly cool change moving in next week but we need it sooner.
especially you boys in Melbourne.

the murray darling is fuked ... irrigators and Cotten fuked the River years ago, and Cubby dam has a bit to do with it as well

"saw that parts of Queensland has been flooded."

They said that those parts are about the same size in area as South Australia haha. I think something like 60% of QLD was declaired a disaster zone the other day.

Part of Queenslad went black the other week, meaning no electricity North of Rocky.

Scared the bejeezus out of the electricity industry, as you need electricity to get a power station running, and when things are "black", you haven't got any.