Hello from London

Pitiless Wanderer

Jun 14, 2002
Salt Lake City, UT
Hey all. Here in London, as you no doubt have heard, we were attacked by terrorists this morning and at least 40 people are dead with hundreds wounded in the worst attack on this city since WWII. I moved here a month ago and was fortunate enough to find a great job working at Harrods and a flat near Earl's Court tube station. Fortunately neither place was hit in today's attacks. At Kings Cross Station, 21 people were killed when the tube exploded in the first attack. The scary thing for me is that I lived near that station when I first arrived here and used it every day for a week. I feel fortunate to be alive, because the only reason I am is that they picked these areas instead of my local tube station. It easily could have been Earl's Court, and it easily could have been one of the trains in the Picidilly line that I take to work when I have the morning shift. I thank good luck that I am alive and I hope anyone else in London is safe and if you know anyone who was hurt today you have my sympathy.

Hotline for Americans in London

For information about Americans who may have been affected by the bombings in London, call (888) 407-4747.

*Update* More Emergency numbers and info*

Friends and relatives worried about loved ones can call the casualty helpline on 0870 1566 344.

Police in London have also set up an anti-terrorist hotline on 0800 789 321.

The Transport For London interactive service on Sky Active has all the latest information on London transport closures. To access the service, press "interactive" and select Sky Active.

Alternatively, call TFL on 0208 358 0101 or go to the website.

In order to help commuters get home, TFL has announced that all riverboat services on the Thames are free. Go to the website to see where and when you can pick up a boat.

A US emergency telephone line has been set up for missing Americans on 1-888-407-4747.

Yeah... this has been a shitty day. I know a few people that were potential victims, one of which is a new lady friend whom I care for alot, so I nearly had a heart attack when I heard about it this morning (knowing that she would be riding the tubes). I'm relieved she slept in but I haven't felt this way since 9/11. It's a shitty helpless feeling, and a deep despise for humanity and what we are capable of. Some people are fucking idiots.

It's saddening to know just how vile people can be.

Glad to know you guys and your loved ones are okay. My heart goes out to those killed and injured. Hope they get to the bottem of this soon...

It's broadcasting now on 4 channels at once, who knows how many more - invading our consciousness like a memetic disease (PS - what exactly is it we are having hidden from us at exactly the same time?). It wont be long before that classic line "something must be done!" comes out, and someone in power will suddenly be able to do something outrageously horrible and seemingly justifiable.

My heart goes out to the victims of yesterday's attrocity and to all others who have had to suffer in these sick orchestrations. :cry:

Thanks to all who have replied to everyone invloved.

It's a gloomy time here in London. It's been an emotional rollercoaster lately, seeing as how we beat the competition for the right to hold the Olympic games and the next day we get attacked by terrorists.

Rumour has it today more bombs were found in Covent Garden and the area was evacuated, but I can't find any information to confirm.

Thanks again to everyone.

Holy shit! I've been camping for several days, so I had no idea this happened!
:erk:

Some people are sick animals.
Thats terrible :yell: :yell: :yell:

But at least you're ok *hugs*