London gives Trivium an early Christmas Present. URINE!

Will Bozarth

Everlasting Godstopper
Jan 26, 2002
New Jersey
www.facebook.com
TRIVIUM Frontman Battles Urine-Filled Balloons At London Gig - Dec. 23, 2006
A BLABBERMOUTH.NET visitor by the name of George Byron-Roberts has submitted the following report:

"TRIVIUM frontman Matt Heafy interrupted the band's set [as the support act for IRON MAIDEN] at Earl's Court, London last night [Friday, Dec. 22] to chide members of the audience after being subjected to a barrage of urine-filled balloons and bottles. Heafy and bassist Paolo Gregoletto were showered with urine during their performance of 'Like Light to the Flies'. Heafy angrily declared that the act was 'really wrong' and that if he saw anyone throwing things at the band he would see that they were 'thrown the fuck out" and 'beaten the fuck up.'

"The left hand side of the stage had been rowdy with fervent disapproval for TRIVIUM and their frontman from the beginning of their set, the band being lambasted with cries of 'death to false metal' between each of their songs; and throughout the set there was a constant exchange of rude gestures between Heafy and the antagonists. An attempt to block the missiles with a U.S. flag was shouted down by British fans, who angrily turned on the American fans, a group of young men and women who had travelled all the way from the USA to see TRIVIUM perform.

"Heafy's polemic (after battling through the rest of the song) lasted almost five minutes. However IRON MAIDEN frontman Bruce Dickinson was unusually quiet about the event, preferring to focus his rant on the safety of fans at the front of the crowd and the horrors of war."

Why in the hell is trivium touring with maiden? That's like... Britney spears touring with pink floyd.

Although Trivium sucks ass, they don't deserve bottles of piss thrown at them. English metalheads can be such prima donna, elitist assholes.

Heh, just like the English non-metalheads. :lol:

Seriously, stereotypes aside, I think we metalheads could be a little less judgemental and a little less asshole-ish. Don't like Trivium? THEN DON'T FUCKING GO SEE THEM!!!! Go look at the merch or something or go drink a beer while you're waiting for Maiden.

I hate assholes.

They should be booed off the stage, maybe some EMPTY bottles here and there...but piss? That's just disgusting. I would find the person who threw piss at me, bring them out back, and shove their bottle of piss so far up his ass his breath would smell like a toilet. I'm not kidding. Trivium didn't do anything but play shitty music...they didn't insult the crowd or try to incite a riot or anything. For some reason, fans feel the need to express their opinions by throwing piss at a shitty band...that's just fucked up.

I'd never play in a shitty band like that, but they don't deserve that. Just because you play music doesn't automatically mean you have to put up with some asshole's bullshit, whether it be a fan, heckler, whatever. People are people, and you don't stop being a person just because you play music.

I seriously would have security find each person who threw piss and bring them up on stage and have my band piss on each and every one of them, or just douse them with their own piss bottles. If I couldn't do that, I'd find them and beat the shit out of them.

A) Why the fuck did nobody do this to Bullet For My Valentine when they toured here?!?!
B) I would personally like to shake the hands of everyone involved in this (although not really, since I'm sure filling balloons with pee is quite messy).

Death To False Metal!

Trivium will be the headliner of a new european tour

And Annihilator will support them....

:(