Snowstorm Music...

Wenchmaster

Wrath of Amemait
Jan 1, 2007
Toronto, Ontario
In light of the "storm" outside right now, the only thing that sprang to mind to listen to was Immortal's At the Heart of Winter, and I won't have it any other way. Does anyone else listen to music that reflects their surroundings, either purposefully or naturally? and what are some other good bands that talk about winter landscapes and the seasons?

One thing I started doing after getting my remastered Against the Seasons CD was to listen to it while walking home after work, I get off work at midnight and the walk home is about 1/2 an hour, so the music with walking home in the winter weather makes for a cool atmosphere :headbang:

Here's the view from my window (through the Woods logo decal) right now in downtown Toronto...

March1stToronto.jpg

Now playing: CROWBAR - "Live: With Full Force" DVD
Now drinking: beers!

Hail the snowstorm! :kickass:

Haha its pretty crazy out. Mind you it was raining a lot earlier, but there's still snow on the ground. I'm listening to Your Ontario Town right now... Moonsorrow is great for crazy storms, same with atmospheric black metal, like Wolves in Throne Room. Catamenia is awesome too. Crazy stuff.

i was listening to Eluveitie's Spirit tonight whilst shoveling my driveway tonight. that wasn't bad, but didn't exactly fit with the mood.

i find that any Sigur Ros album totally fits with any climate environment. grey skies are pefect to listen to Ágætis Byrjun, and snowy dark times are perfect for ( ), and the happy times, you have Takk...

also, as mentioned, Empyrium is excellent for weather listening. hell, A Wintersunset is dedicated to nature!