Please recommend some melodic black metal bands

WhiteBeastofWotan

Apostitutes!
May 22, 2003
Philly
Visit site
Hello,
I'd really like to get more into melodic black metal. I'm lookin for music like the Against the Seasons album, Wolves in The Throne Room (I recently got their latest album, anyone know if their demos are any good?) , and At the Heart of Winter era Immortal. I also heard an Empyrean Plague song and it was pretty cool. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Cheers!

Wolftribe said:
ah yes i know drudkh, but i didnt know they came out with another album, so thanks anyways!

You know Drudkh... well your good to go then. Yeah there 4th album is called "Blood In Our Wells".

check these bands out dude....

Emperor
Wintersun
Kalmah
Imperanon
Norther
Old Mans Child
Dimmu Borgir
Keep of kalessin
Finntroll
Trollfest
Dissection
Sigh

I recommend Immortals Pure Holocaust, and At the heart of Winter

I dig that Astriaal band! Ill check out the other recommendations. Do any of you know where i can get Drudkh cds? My usual mailorders, The End and Redstream dont have any of their cds.

Wolftribe said:
I dig that Astriaal band! Ill check out the other recommendations. Do any of you know where i can get Drudkh cds? My usual mailorders, The End and Redstream dont have any of their cds.

http://www.evillegendrecords.com/

Looks like he's out of THe Swan Road but has Autumn Aurora and Forgotten Legends-- email him and he'll let you know the total, etc.

He's very reliable-- I've placed a good $600-$700 from him over the last year and a half.....

And if you do, tell him Zeke sent you....

:headbang:

Well, though I dig 'Autumn Aurora', I didn't really like the 3rd Drudkh album. It wasn't bad or so, just not interesting to me. Is 'Blood in our wells' (great title btw) in the same vein?

Hmm... if you like 'Against the seasons', then the first Ulver albums are essential. You could also like stuff like Taake or Lunar Aurora. Definately worth checking out.