PLEASE recommend any symphonic/melodic gothic metal bands with girlies as lead??

i am adamant that there are a bunch of bands, most of which are from the same area, that've been almost entirely influenced by the career of one band, and therefore, have a very similar sound. rather than get into the specifics of their style every time i want to discuss one of them, i call them war metal as this is the recognized term(by fans of metal and the bands themselves) to refer to that sound and the militant posturing that almost always accompanies it.

Calling war metal a genre is quite similar to calling speed metal a genre. If what you say is indeed true, then such a genre is not even needed. These two genres I have just referenced don't exist in my (and I'm sure others') eyes because they seem to localized and not globally recognized. The globally recognized sub-genres of metal are thrash, progressive, gothic, black, death, doom, stoner, melo-death, power, etc. These other genres are just sub-genres of other sub-genres making them wholly useless. Who needs that kind of classification? I sure don't.

i'll admit that i find your hang up about genres somewhat amusing. i'm beginning to suspect that there is a secret committee somwhere that decides what will be made an official genre and what will not. if you weren't 15(or whatever you are), i would think that you were on it, but i digress.

what you fail to realize is that i don't give a rat's ass whether you think it's an official genre or not(i'll go further than that, i haven't even considered whether it's a genre because it doesn't make any difference), because it succeeds for what i want it to. it refers to a moderately sized group of bands and most understand the term, which is all i expect from it.

speed metal is a genre, and a necessary one because the bands that one would call "speed metal" don't fit into any other existing genres.

This is what you should listen to

Theatre of Tragedy (old)
Tristania
Sirenia
Trail of Tears
The Gathering (old)
Lacuna Coil
Within Temptation
After Forever
Epica
Elis
Darkwell
Flowing Tears
Macbeth
Dismal Euphony
Rain Fell Within
Leaves Eyes
Beseech
Aesma Daeva

If it describes a bunch of bands that sound similar, and quite a few people have heard of it, it's a valid sub-genre as far as I'm concerned.

Speed metal is just a name for bands that are somewhere in between power and thrash, and literally every band commonly labeled as "speed metal" is one of the two (or at least closer to one of them).

Guardian of Darkness said:
I always saw it more like this: Speed metal is what most people call 'thrash', while thrash is more punk-based.
No, speed-metal is early Blind Guardian and the first Helloween album.
I hear more Punk in Overkill than those bands.

Power metal is just a glossier version of other traditional types of metal (whatever you like to call them). Defining a genre as being traditional metal crossed with a glossier version of traditional metal is really very gay.

V.V.V.V.V. said:
I'ved argued the speedmetal thing with so many people, everyone seems to have a different opinion on it.
But to be that bold in classing them as 100% Power-metal is rather silly.