Hello, I make music akin to Symphonic Metal

AALLF

New Metal Member
May 22, 2020
I suppose I was a former lurker here years ago. I used to read the music production threads to help me find my way when I was just beginning to record and mix. It was a lot of help, but I never joined, for I didn't think I had much to contribute to the conversation. Now, however, I'm excited to have my own music to share, and am looking forward to participating in this community in any way I am able.

The music I write isn't all metal, but I do consider myself a metal fan. My favorite genres are probably the more melodic kind: Melodic Death Metal, Symphonic Metal, a little Power and Folk Metal. My favorite band is probably Insomnium. They were the first true Melodic Death band that I ever heard back in college, and opened the door to the metal world for me. Other bands I like are Nightwish, Omnium Gatherum, Eluveitie, Equilibrium...bands like that.

I write, record, produce my own music under the name "An Ancient Legend, Long Forgotten", and just released my first EP at the beginning of this month (05/2020). It's hard for me to categorize my own sound, but I would say its somewhere between Symphonic/Melodic/Folk and Alt. I also use a Vocaloid (Megpoid GUMI), but I plan on releasing instrumentals for every vocal track.

Anyway, that's about it. Thank you for letting me join your community.