So Anthrax isn't getting on the Maiden tour, huh?

Tharsh

Mar 30, 2003
From what I'd heard earlier Anthrax and Ministry were likely candidates to join the Maiden/Motorhead/Dio bill...but I've heard nothing so far regarding this, so I assume its a no go?

Any frame yet for the next tour (headlining) of North America?

Yeah, Anthrax Moshing Maniac is right. I'd much rather see Anthrax put on an awesome headlining show than play a shortened set that will probably just consist of like five WCFYA songs, and like 2 Bush era songs and 3 Among/Spreading songs. Bring on the headlining tour!

There's positive and negative. If they had of been on this tour, the most they'd get would be a 30-40 minute set, although it would rekindle some exposure (granted, many who would see these other acts should already know who Anthrax is).

I'd rather see them headline, maybe a smaller venue (less exposure for them, but more intimate for us), and play a good 120 minute (or longer :D ) set.

I'd love to see the guys play two+ hours, but the songs... epecially the new ones like Dahlia, Nobody Knows, and What Doesn't Die are grueling. I agree that 35 minute set is not enough. Who knows? I think with all our continued support, all the street team work, and new fans that get turned on through it all, Maiden might rethink their decision when it comes time to tour in the fall for their cd.

nafnikufesin said:
There's positive and negative. If they had of been on this tour, the most they'd get would be a 30-40 minute set, although it would rekindle some exposure (granted, many who would see these other acts should already know who Anthrax is).

I'd rather see them headline, maybe a smaller venue (less exposure for them, but more intimate for us), and play a good 120 minute (or longer :D ) set.

I don't think Trax is ready for a headline tour!!!!
175-250 people at SA!!!!

I think a tour with Maiden or Ozzfest would be great exposure for them. Get the word out to more of the younger folks. I get pissed at a band like Metallica who doesn't seem to remember any of the bands they started out with. I remember when Metallica and Armored Saint toured together(1983?). Now, Metallica would rather tour with freaking limp bizkit rather than an Anthrax or Overkill or somebody else who's still around but not as big as them.

the reason they did not do it...other than they were never approached ,the first set at a show like that is lame....playing a 20 minute set with a quarter full shed is not what the band wants or needs right now....

wullief said:
Im going to sound like a complete turd but what kind of style does Death Angel play. I am guessing death metal, if so i need to check em out.
Not Death Metal, it's old school thrash metal. Loud, heavy, lots of tempo changes, and regular singinging (not death grunts or psuedo-operatic screams). My favorite live metal band, although studio stuff is pretty good too.

They've got a website, but not forums.
www.death-angel.com

death metal is old school thrash and you would be surprised at how many kids were at both arizona gigs. New school anthrax and death angel fans!! That is the type of parent I will be if I ever have kids, start them young!! :)