so apparently science has discovered why i suck

there are so many sociological factors that come into any genetic and or inherent predisposition that it almost could make it moot you know?

Complete genetic determinism would state that your every course of action is genetically predetermined i.e. your neurological pathways are not something developed by experience, conditioning, or learning but merely an instinct programmed into your brain by your genome that you are essentially remembering when it becomes important. This is not to say that genetics programs your reaction to every specific situation you are put in (impossible) but merely how you make you decisions, the process of decision making when applied to a certain set of options and your sense of autonomy and free will are merely an illusion as you are in fact a slave to the genes selfishly trying to create more of themselves in a bizarre sort of microbiological Machiavellian-ism.

This entire issue brought me to my most interesting philosophical thought of the entire summer while considering this and Hume's Fork, if we, highly organized organism of predetermined structure and function, are a product of our genome, though not completely random compilation of deoxyribonucleic acids, does that not mean that we are both products of complete randomization and a predetermined fate confirming that there is truly only one certainty: We are not responsible for a god-damned thing!

minxnim said:
i'm just trying to get people to leave me the fuck alone! I WANT THAT GENE.
genesimmons.jpg

totally lacking in moral responsibility would rule. i could be like MY AMYGDALA FREAKED OUT AND MADE ME DO IT, MY SOMATOSENSORY CORTEX WIGGED OUT AND THAT'S WHY I DID IT! MY THALAMUS IS ON THE FRITZ! CAN'T BE HELPED!