So; here's "Anthem"!

This is the cover that I was looking forward to the most and I gotta say... On first listen, I'm a little dissapointed.

Musically its great, too much reverb in the mix though. Charlies drumming is great as always. I think Joey tried too hard to match the high's that Geddy Lee naturally sings in and I think it would have been much better suited to just sing it in Joey's natural voice rather then try to copy the original too closely.

That's just my opinion on the first listen, still digging it.

I'm surprised and I really like it. I think Joey did it justice and I think his high notes were spot on. As a bass player I was probably the only one focusing on Frank but his fills were great I would never want to tackle a Rush song. Thanks for posting I can't wait to buy this!:headbang:

This is the one I was most skeptical about, and I love it. Didn't think super early Rush would've suited them at all, before hearing this I wouldn't have thought they could really pull off anything pre-2112.

Joey sounds more like 70's Geddy Lee here than Geddy Lee does now.

I like this song, and I'm sure I'll like most of the other covers as well. I just don't go into covers with insanely high expectations. It's hard to live up to originals so I don't expect covers to be mind blowing. Just take it for what it is, a nice tribute to some of the bands that inspired Anthrax.

What are you on?

Logic.

If we want Got the Time gone, Anthrax will throw another cover in, so it might as well be one of these. Actually: "drop" Antisocial and Got the Time, and have a rotating set of two covers.

What are you on?

I just hope one of these will replace Got the Time in the sets.
With the advertising that they are playing Among the Living in its entirety plus the fact that there are now five acts on the single stage I doubt you will hear Got the Time. This isn't an all day show. Doors open at 6pm/7pm at various venues. That isn't a lot of time for five acts plus some stage setup time. I would expect to hear I'm Alive since it has been Grammy nominated plus I would expect to hear one of the new covers because they are trying to sell that EP plus the Tour Edition of Worship Music or Deluxe edition or whatever they are going to call the re-issue. So Anthrax don't have the time for Got the Time. ;)

This is a good cover. Joey sounds really good surprisingly . I'm not a fan of Rush, mainly because I never could stand Getty lees vocals. But Joey does a good job sounding like him. Probably not a song I,will listen to that often but it's a good cover