So; here's "Anthem"!

This is a good cover. Joey sounds really good surprisingly . I'm not a fan of Rush, mainly because I never could stand Getty lees vocals. But Joey does a good job sounding like him. Probably not a song I,will listen to that often but it's a good cover

Yeah good summary; I totally agree.

Apart from the "Getty" bit that is....

With the advertising that they are playing Among the Living in its entirety plus the fact that there are now five acts on the single stage I doubt you will hear Got the Time. This isn't an all day show. Doors open at 6pm/7pm at various venues. That isn't a lot of time for five acts plus some stage setup time. I would expect to hear I'm Alive since it has been Grammy nominated plus I would expect to hear one of the new covers because they are trying to sell that EP plus the Tour Edition of Worship Music or Deluxe edition or whatever they are going to call the re-issue. So Anthrax don't have the time for Got the Time. ;)
Really?!? Our tickets for NYC say music starts at 5...can't believe some shows would start 3 hours later than that...

Really?!? Our tickets for NYC say music starts at 5...can't believe some shows would start 3 hours later than that...

Doors for Detroit don't open until 6PM. My experience has been usually at-least an hour for music to start at the Fillmore. Plus they are slow as hell there for getting into the building. If they try to start music as soon as the doors open most folks will miss the first band or two and that would suck. The Commodore Ballroom and the Regency Ballroom both have doors opening at 7PM. Most shows show a door time of 6PM.

Logic.

If we want Got the Time gone, Anthrax will throw another cover in, so it might as well be one of these. Actually: "drop" Antisocial and Got the Time, and have a rotating set of two covers.

What are you on?

I'm on painkillers. Got the time is rarely dropped from their setlist..especially on a package tour. It's probably been played in 95% of Anthrax shows since it was released.

Yeah?

That doesn't change the fact that most of this board wants to see it dropped.

In fact, they probably wont even play anything from Anthems and barely any of Worship Music. It'll probably just be ATL with a few other songs added in to kill time in the setlist.

Yeah?

That doesn't change the fact that most of this board wants to see it dropped.

Don't mistake me for a newbie. I've been here for more than ten years. I saw my first Anthrax show in 1990 when I was like 11 or 12. Been to countless Anthrax shows all over the USA since. I would love Got the Time dropped from the list in favor of say "now it's dark", "belly of the beast", or "AIR".

Guess fkn what?? Anthems is not gonna change that.

Don't mistake me for a newbie. I've been here for more than ten years. I saw my first Anthrax show in 1990 when I was like 11 or 12. Been to countless Anthrax shows all over the USA since. I would love Got the Time dropped from the list in favor of say "now it's dark", "belly of the beast", or "AIR".

Guess fkn what?? Anthems is not gonna change that.

Chill out.

You're getting all defensive. You're acting like I demanded they swap it out. I was just saying it would be nice if they did. Where did I say it will happen? Where did I say it would be for Metal Alliance?

I didn't mean to insult anybody. You immediately just go "what are you on?" to me for saying it would be nice.

Chill out.

You're getting all defensive. You're acting like I demanded they swap it out. I was just saying it would be nice if they did. Where did I say it will happen? Where did I say it would be for Metal Alliance?

I didn't mean to insult anybody. You immediately just go "what are you on?" to me for saying it would be nice.

I think we should all demand that they drop yawners like anti-social and got the time, considering they're both covers. Those songs aren't yawners to the casual fan. It'd be nice if they dusted off older less obvious tracks ala Iron Maiden or Metallica.
Metallica will never drop Enter Sandman or One but at least they play a long set. ditto with maiden and hills.
Having been an Anthrax for most of my life, I simply found it laughable that they'd decide to mix up the set and with yet another "interim" member in the band. Doing all of Among will be challenging enough.

Fucking killer drums and bass too. Charlie and Frankie both really shine here. Why don't they play like this in their own songs?
A bit annoying vocals, especially the highest notes.

I think we should all demand that they drop yawners like anti-social and got the time, considering they're both covers. Those songs aren't yawners to the casual fan. It'd be nice if they dusted off older less obvious tracks ala Iron Maiden or Metallica.
Metallica will never drop Enter Sandman or One but at least they play a long set. ditto with maiden and hills.
Having been an Anthrax for most of my life, I simply found it laughable that they'd decide to mix up the set and with yet another "interim" member in the band. Doing all of Among will be challenging enough.

I would like a B sides/rarities tour.

Fucking killer drums and bass too. Charlie and Frankie both really shine here. Why don't they play like this in their own songs?
A bit annoying vocals, especially the highest notes.

The original song has annoying vocals too. I think Joey did about as good of a job as possible.

I think you nailed it. :lol:
Still not convinced they are going to play that many songs. :p

There are too many bands in too short of a time. They might just play ATL and call it a night. That is about 50 minutes give or take if they don't screw around.

I don't mind them playing Got the Time by the way. I like the fact they play cover tunes. Wish more bands would do it occasionally.

Last edited by a moderator:
I take back what I said about Got the time and antisocial being yawners. It's just that after having seen these songs performed countless times and Anthrax rarely playing more than 15 or so songs, you'd much rather prefer a tune off the beaten path.