So, how does Horgh sound?

godmachine12

May 11, 2001
Gray, Tennessee
Visit site
I know he is a bad ass drummer, but for those that have seen the live shows with him, how do the songs come across? Does he speed them up, add more stuff (rolls, double bass, etc.), has the band's sound changed? I had to miss the Winston-Salem show due to work and school conflicts. I personally think with his skills as a drummer, Hypocrisy can really go over the top with their music. Nothing against Lars, but Horgh is a much more capable drummer.

To me he sounded like he wanted to play faster (he was slightly ahead of the beat a few times). :)

As Peter said in some Interviews, Horgh is one of the Reason why they play so much other Songs this time. Horgh learned to play the whole Songs Hypocrisy made over the Years. Lars wasn't able to do some of the other and old Songs any more...
Live, they played the old Songs like God is lie an Necronomicon kind of old-school. You all know, that they play Songs like "Pleasure..." or "Osculum" a bit different then in the old days. But with Horgh they play it more old school, and the don't play the Songs the most people expect to hear live... like said at the beginning, Peter said that this was Horghs Influence...
Horgh plays the Songs very powerfull and very perfect. At the Gigs I've seen he added some new parts (I'm no drummer, so I don't know how to explain it the right way what exactly he does...).. some bassdrum party, some with the tombs in the slower section of a Song...
He plays more old-school style, but its kind of fresh... you can hear that he has fun to play it... with Lars it sounded like "Ok... lets play it again...".. Lars is a great drummer, too... but he didn't sound that "fresh" any more... I looking forward to the next Album... with Horgh on Drums...

well I am a bit upset they don't play their usual songs... I mean a Hypocrisy gig without "Fractured Millenium" isn't a perfect Hypocrisy gig... Some of their songs MUST be played during a live performance... Ok that's nice they do old stuffs but I think they should'nt change their whole setlist because of the new drummer... That's probably the most negative aspect of the line up change.

So, i think its was a bit boring always knowing that they will open with Fractured.... well the usual Songs are very cool... but I've seen this live so many times, that I was happy, really happy to hear some other Songs... Ok, I also think that a Band with now 9 Studio Album has to play more than 45min. and 10 songs... thats way too short and with a longer Set (maybe as Headliner) they can play their Hits and some other cool Songs...

Fafnir said:
So, i think its was a bit boring always knowing that they will open with Fractured.... well the usual Songs are very cool... but I've seen this live so many times, that I was happy, really happy to hear some other Songs... Ok, I also think that a Band with now 9 Studio Album has to play more than 45min. and 10 songs... thats way too short and with a longer Set (maybe as Headliner) they can play their Hits and some other cool Songs...

I aggred...

They did some Shows as kind of Headliner on the Abducted Tour... but just a few...
But I meant, that it would be great to see them as a Headliner in the Future... so they can play longer and more Songs... the Hits and some Songs, that they don't play that often...

Fafnir said:
As Peter said in some Interviews, Horgh is one of the Reason why they play so much other Songs this time. Horgh learned to play the whole Songs Hypocrisy made over the Years. Lars wasn't able to do some of the other and old Songs any more...
Live, they played the old Songs like God is lie an Necronomicon kind of old-school. You all know, that they play Songs like "Pleasure..." or "Osculum" a bit different then in the old days. But with Horgh they play it more old school, and the don't play the Songs the most people expect to hear live... like said at the beginning, Peter said that this was Horghs Influence...
Horgh plays the Songs very powerfull and very perfect. At the Gigs I've seen he added some new parts (I'm no drummer, so I don't know how to explain it the right way what exactly he does...).. some bassdrum party, some with the tombs in the slower section of a Song...
He plays more old-school style, but its kind of fresh... you can hear that he has fun to play it... with Lars it sounded like "Ok... lets play it again...".. Lars is a great drummer, too... but he didn't sound that "fresh" any more... I looking forward to the next Album... with Horgh on Drums...

Awesome. I'm looking forward to the next album as well. It should be a monster with Horgh on drums.