so how is everyone here

The motives for education have just shifted. I feel like it's an economic industry more than a mode to benefit ourselves and each other. I'm honestly not sure if education ever was anything different, and perhaps I romanticise the past a little, but it just feels quite hollow.

I meet so few people who actually think. I know hundreds of affable and intelligent people who can regurgitate facts on demand, but so few that rock my fucking world. I think the ability to truly think is partly innate, but we'd be in a much better state if we at least tried to give everyone that ability.

Arguably the greatest Scottish mind ever, David Hume, is a virtual unknown within schools. Whether you agree with him or not, that's a tragedy.

The motives for education have just shifted. I feel like it's an economic industry more than a mode to benefit ourselves and each other. I'm honestly not sure if education ever was anything different, and perhaps I romanticise the past a little, but it just feels quite hollow.

I meet so few people who actually think. I know hundreds of affable and intelligent people who can regurgitate facts on demand, but so few that rock my fucking world. I think the ability to truly think is partly innate, but we'd be in a much better state if we at least tried to give everyone that ability.

Arguably the greatest Scottish mind ever, David Hume, is a virtual unknown within schools. Whether you agree with him or not, that's a tragedy.

i would have used these words to describe AMERICAN schools
didn't realize this was happening outside of USA

i would love to finish this convo
but i really have to go now
k-thnx-by

I loathe using the term but The Western World has created a bubble which has degraded education in many respects. So much of our attitude to learning and to other people (society as a whole, so to speak) has really held back any true education.

For me the true educators are the fucking renegades. Those falling over the edge of fetish.

Yes! I too had my liver slapped. I feel better now.

I'm feeling good. My parents and I had a long talk today and it looks like they are going to let me move back in with them. They wouldn't for the longest time because I have a massive dog and they have a tiny Westie and didn't want the chaos. But, seeing as how I'm in an emotionally abusive relationship that's causing so much stress that I'm having serious health issues, they have thought about it. They need major renovations on their house which I'll be able to afford with my new job I'm about to get, so I'd like to put my money towards that instead of rent and have a huuuuuuuge yard for my dog. I never thought moving back in with my parents would be a happy occasion, but I can't deal with what I'm going through any longer. Cara knows, she gets to hear me bitch everyday, teehee!

I raped a young girl earlier today, beat her severely after I had my way with her, kept her in the basement all day, and I just tossed her into the pond across the street after another round with her.

yesterday I've seen a Type O Negative show, it was the weirdest show I've ever seen...
and today I have a new job, so, everything seems to be okay nowadays, with a lot of strange coincidence, hm...