So, how much should I pay for the: Emperor - Wrath of the Tyrant, demo tape?

Mort Divine

Shrine Maiden of the In-Crowd
Oct 28, 2005
Fargo, ND
Yes, that is right, I have come across a demo tape of Emperor's Wrath of the Tyrant, and was wondering, how much maximum should I spend to get ahold of this.

I would give a paperclip, a piece of gum and a shoelace to MacGyver and have him steal it for me.

CAIRATH said:
I would give a paperclip, a piece of gum and a shoelace to MacGyver and have him steal it for me.
PDVD_029.jpg

Wouldn't spend more than 5 bucks for it unless i was 100% sure it wasn't a fake, which most demo tapes are likely to be.

30 pence. I've never heard it, but I bet it's unlistenable. If early black metal releases are so badly produced, even the official ones, I can just imagine how bad this thing sounds.

Stormwatch said:
30 pence. I've never heard it, but I bet it's unlistenable. If early black metal releases are so badly produced, even the official ones, I can just imagine how bad this thing sounds.
It would be for collector's value, dumb ass. Furthermore, as far as Emperor is concerned, anything on IX Equilibrium is written with more imagination than anything bald-ass "Snatch" ever did or will do.

VadimVon said:
It would be for collector's value, dumb ass. Furthermore, as far as Emperor is concerned, anything on IX Equilibrium is written with more imagination than anything bald-ass "Snatch" ever did or will do.

Are you trying to start a flame war with me little boy? I happen to like iX Equilibrium, but that's hardly old school black metal is it?

Stormwatch said:
Are you trying to start a flame war with me little boy? I happen to like iX Equilibrium, but that's hardly old school black metal is it?
Little boy? Flame war? Sounds homosexual. I thought this was a metal forum.

ProjectedBlack said:
If you don't like Black Metal stop posting about it please. Your comments and retorts on everything Black Metal is getting very old.

I like black metal, but I don't see any merit in spending a lot of cash on something that sounds like I recorded it in my trash can using an old cassette recorder. With the mic taped over. After a dog pissed on it.

There's collecting and there's collecting.

Stormwatch said:

You don't have the slightest clue. it certainly isn't for those with squeamish ears.

If you want the tape, i'd find the professional version by Wild rags. Is it the original self-released version you found?

Stormwatch said:
I like black metal, but I don't see any merit in spending a lot of cash on something that sounds like I recorded it in my trash can using an old cassette recorder. With the mic taped over. After a dog pissed on it.

There's collecting and there's collecting.
And then there's a dumbass and there's a DUMBASS!

Stormwatch said:
Isn't that exactly what I said? :err:

Well, it's not a good thing for them, because they're missing out on what is in my opinion Emperor's best release. The production on 'In the nightside eclipse' can certainly be said to be flawed, what with how the guitars are all blurry and indistinct, but the production of this album fits the music perfectly. So quit being squeamish, and listen to it already.