So, how much should I pay for the: Emperor - Wrath of the Tyrant, demo tape?

Stormwatch said:
30 pence. I've never heard it, but I bet it's unlistenable. If early black metal releases are so badly produced, even the official ones, I can just imagine how bad this thing sounds.

Actually, for being recorded on a 4-track recorder, Wrath of The Tyrant sounds amazingly good. The instruments come through clear with minimal hiss. The only downside is the mid ranges dominate the production, and the lows/highs are muffled.

like discovery said unless your shure it is a original I wouldnt buy it, because even I could burn my Wrath of the Tyrant cd onto tape using my stereo and then post it on the internet saying its authentic. If it is real I would pay arm and leg to get that tape.

Impure616 said:
like discovery said unless your shure it is a original I wouldnt buy it, because even I could burn my Wrath of the Tyrant cd onto tape using my stereo and then post it on the internet saying its authentic. If it is real I would pay arm and leg to get that tape.
*wonders where his original cassette is these days* If I can turn it up I'd be happy to sell it as I have it on CD too and rarely even listen to that anymore.

Stormwatch said:
I like black metal, but I don't see any merit in spending a lot of cash on something that sounds like I recorded it in my trash can using an old cassette recorder. With the mic taped over. After a dog pissed on it.

There's collecting and there's collecting.

I never said anything about what you said. I don't know if I'd put down a lot of money for the tape either but The Greys seems to always make his distaste for Black Metal known.