so i actually got mad about something, took action, and it worked.

minxnim

meow
Aug 2, 2002
Visit site
there is this board game where you imitate whatever thing/person you choose out of a deck of cards. one of the choices was 'schizophrenic'. i was totally fucking blown away so i wrote them an email and freaked on them about how they wouldn't have 'paraplegic' or 'down syndrome kid' (i used both those examples!) on their cards.
they totally wrote me back and said they're actually going to take it out. and they sent me a free board game.

neat.

We thank you very much for your time and consideration in bringing this card to our attention. As a company, we strive to develop products and services that lighten and enlighten people’s lives and we are always looking for ways to do that better. In this particular case, we marked this card as being inappropriate for future editions, and we deeply regret the pain this activity caused you when playing with your friends. We would like to send you a copy of Cranium Booster Box 2 with 800 new cards, so you’ll have a new opportunity to rediscover our game. We’ll send this out to the address you provided in your e-mail right away. We hope this is a suitable option. Thanks again-we greatly appreciate your time and careful review!

I would have preferred they add "down syndrome boy" and the like, but lacking that, in the interests of consistency, out with schizo!

with that you may have done more concrete good than i did in my whole year activizing! (my welfare moms still don't have the childcare we shouted for :( )

i dont even know! hah. i know nothing about it. all i know is, people were playing, that card came out and i was like !!! and the room went silent.

whatever it is, i get a free one i guess? i dont think i've ever owned a board game....

read: small, ball-shaped objects rolling around a molded piece of acrylic and knocking over small man-shaped figures or rolling into lilypad covered blue splotches nurture well-rounded and creative nobel prize winners.

oh i had tons of games as a kid, but i dont think since i've lived alone that i have ever gone out and bought one.
i kicked major ass at: uncle wiggly, operation, stratego, risk, trivial pursuit, connect four, trouble, sorry, and motherfucking mouse trap yo.