ok so i got logic and...

It's just a bit more cumbersome to me than Cubase/Nuendo/PT, probably because I'm such a whore and so used to it.

I will say, though... couple things I really can't work with on it:

Hyper editor can't have maps saved. I NEED this - I can't be making maps on every new project or template.

You can't have the playhead return to the original position on play/stop, you have to hit a completely separate key combo than just spacebar to get it to return.

Can't highlight multiple tracks and record enable them all - must click the little R for each one. Also, you apparently can't turn off the "selected track is record enabled" thing. I can't stand that - if you've got a ton of tracks enabled, and you hit the down arrow to check out the next track, all those previous tracks are now disabled, and the selected single track is enabled, so you've gotta click a bunch of little R's again.

It's just a bit more cumbersome to me than Cubase/Nuendo/PT, probably because I'm such a whore and so used to it.

I will say, though... couple things I really can't work with on it:

Hyper editor can't have maps saved. I NEED this - I can't be making maps on every new project or template.

You can't have the playhead return to the original position on play/stop, you have to hit a completely separate key combo than just spacebar to get it to return.

Can't highlight multiple tracks and record enable them all - must click the little R for each one. Also, you apparently can't turn off the "selected track is record enabled" thing. I can't stand that - if you've got a ton of tracks enabled, and you hit the down arrow to check out the next track, all those previous tracks are now disabled, and the selected single track is enabled, so you've gotta click a bunch of little R's again.

i hate hitting the little R's lol

i just finished tracking drums for a band and there were 15 tracks so lots of hitting little r's for me. u figure those morons could program in like one button to arm multiple tracks and disarm multiple/all tracks. how hard could that be???

also i wish there was a talkback feature, maybe there is one in 8???

are the plug ins any different than 7?

Is there any kind of "Group Channel" type thing in Logic? I use this extensively in Cubase - I group my 2 snare tracks and all my toms to one channel where i control the plugins, sends, and overall output. I don't see anything like this with Logic :(.

see on the pic the 1 in yellow and the 2 in yellow.

that will give you some group setting invluding like panning and volume and certain other things you can control. im not sure about plug ins but sends and volume and stuff you can control in a group.

http://www.sneapforum.celtiaproductions.co.uk/Aramism/Picture 1.jpg

sorry for large size didnt have time to change it

Unfortunately, I don't think you're able to do in Logic what I'm trying to do, then.

I want to basically create a sub-master bus of 2-5 tracks or so, that way I can apply processing evenly across the snare tracks and the tom tracks, and save resources.