So, I am a proud new owner of a....

Josh Burgess

Feb 18, 2008
Tampa, FL
Storz & Bickel Volcano Classic Vaporizer w/ Solid Valve
Classic_SolidValve.jpg

I've tried it out a few times now over the last few nights, and damn... it can be intense if you overdo it. The high is more clear in a way that is hard to describe, but it's also more speedy/energetic/almost psychedelic, which is awesome. I'm going to quit smoking entirely. I don't smoke cigarettes, so I might as well not smoke weed at all either if I own this. It's much, much easier on the throat/lungs, and the high is awesome.

German engineering FTW. :kickass:

That is actually way better for you lungs. Smoking anything is bad for you to some degree. If your into cooking learning to augment olive oil with the green stuff is great too. Side effect of baking with said olive oil: fun.

That is actually way better for you lungs. Smoking anything is bad for you to some degree. If your into cooking learning to augment olive oil with the green stuff is great too. Side effect of baking with said olive oil: fun.

Yeah, it's not actually combusting. It's just vapor. So, it's much healthier... which is why I'm not going to smoke anymore.

I've actually heard that a lot of people save the vaped weed and use it to make cannabutter/olive oil and cook with it. Apparently the vaped weed still contains various cannabinoids other than THC, so it's still good for cooking...

Yes that is true, you can use the used up stuff from the vaporizer to make cooking oils. It's not as powerfull as using fresh stuff but since your going to through it out anyway it is a good idea. You can also use other parts of the plant you would through out anyway.

Honestly, I dont get how can you get high with this. I don't even smoke/drink, so maybe that explains my ignorance. Do you care do explain to me how this thing gets someone high?

Honestly, I dont get how can you get high with this. I don't even smoke/drink, so maybe that explains my ignorance. Do you care do explain to me how this thing gets someone high?

It's a vaporizer. Actually, it's the best vaporizer available and a much healthier way of enjoying weed than smoking. It also is very efficient and very strong.

You place the filling chamber (filled with finely ground weed) on the volcano. The volcano heats up to very specific temperatures (depending on what you set the dial at), and hot air is forced through the filling chamber (screened on both ends) which tumbles the ground weed around, heating it from all sides. The temperature can never be high enough to cause combustion. So, it will never produce fire or smoke even on the highest setting. The hot air just releases vapor from the weed. A valved connection piece attached to a food-safe oven bag sits on top of the filling chamber and the bag is filled with vapor. Oven bags are made to withstand extremely high temperatures and do not melt or give off any sort of unwanted chemicals when heated. When the bag is completely filled you disconnect it and attach a valved mouth piece. The mouth piece keeps the bag sealed until you push the valve in to inhale the vapor.

It's a smart design and high quality. It's very efficient. You can vaporize a single bowl of weed 3-5 times, and the high feels much clearer/more pure... none of the tired/sedated feeling you get from breathing in smoke. It's also much healthier.