So I am the youngest person here?

Barking Pumpkin said:
It seems to me that most of the people on the board, at least, are in the 20-40 age range. Is this pretty representative of the people of the festival? I just turned 15 last Thursday, and I think I'm the youngest person on the Prog-Power boards. I guess it's unfortunate that there aren't more younger people here.

BOTH my kids are older than you, youngsta! But that's cool, metal is for ALL ages. :headbang:

I'm going to be 39 again this year, ha ha. Now how many times was that?:erk:

I got underwear friggen older than you kid LOL

Bear
:lol: Well, Victoria's Secret better up the quality of their product line if I'm ever going to hang on to undies that long!

i'm only 19 and pp4 was my first. it's not too bad. you're not the only one by any means, but you rarely notice the young ones over the 50-60 year olds that make you turn your heads

SoNofBitcH said:
i'm only 19 and pp4 was my first. it's not too bad. you're not the only one by any means, but you rarely notice the young ones over the 50-60 year olds that make you turn your heads
50-60 year olds? Damn son, this ain't a doo-wop festival. Headling PPVI - Joey Dee & The Starlighters... :tickled:

And what do you mean by 'make you turn your heads'? That phrase wasn't followed by the words...'and cough'...were they? :OMG:

SoNofBitcH said:

I was 16 at PP4 and I must say that I agree with you, I thought my friend and I were by far the youngest ones. I could've sworn I didn't see anyone else under 30. Meeting all the older metalheads in the hotel lobby was freakin hilarious. I hope I'm still rockin when my head's grey.

TheWhisper said:
50-60 year olds? Damn son, this ain't a doo-wop festival. Headling PPVI - Joey Dee & The Starlighters... :tickled:

And what do you mean by 'make you turn your heads'? That phrase wasn't followed by the words...'and cough'...were they?

i mean young people aren't as noticable as an older person. except for the few little dorks every year that like to pogojump every now and then. for example, i sat beside russell allen's parents during SX's set in '03. i saw several there that had to be about 50-55. it was a little more balanced last year i thought, or maybe i wasn't sober enough to notice. at 4 i was just happy to be there. last year i really got to enjoy myself a lot more, so i didn't notice little things like that :)

34 here and i hope i'm still goin to shows at 50-55. as long as you have good taste in music, and don't piss off the metalheads around you by acting like little tough guys, it's all good. we're all here for the kick ass music, and age shouldn't matter. i love seeing 50+ people at concerts as much as I like seeing really young kids (like -10). There was a little girl at QR a few weeks ago sitting 2 rows in front of me with her mom and dad, couldn't have been more than 5-6 and was as big as my daughter who's 4. i just hope i'm the "cooler" parent and my kid gets into metal, cause the wife doesn't listen to it and she spends more "music" time with her (ie in the car).

lady_space said:
Too bad it's not closer to home for you so you could get your brother to come Thursday night... you and Shay pull off some pretty good Southern rock renditions, and I don't even particularly like southern rock. :)

Shaye

He might could go for that night. He is very good at that stuff. Renditions..... my ass !! We have originals as well as renditions. We even have a song that is "metal" but it is pretty close to early Dio in style. We don't do an acoustic version of it though.

Bryant

tine984 said:
I plan on being one of the cool mother that actually can enjoy music with my children unlike my mom who says quite often on car trips "we are not lissoning to that noise." QUOTE]

Me (45), my husband (47) and our 2 daughters Tess (22) and Annabel (19)attended PP this year. We have been gold badge members since PP1. Would not trade that relationship for all the world! Just shows if you raise them right, they will follow!

:headbang:

Ma

SavaNanny said:
tine984 said:
I plan on being one of the cool mother that actually can enjoy music with my children unlike my mom who says quite often on car trips "we are not lissoning to that noise." QUOTE]

Me (45), my husband (47) and our 2 daughters Tess (22) and Annabel (19)attended PP this year. We have been gold badge members since PP1. Would not trade that relationship for all the world! Just shows if you raise them right, they will follow!

:headbang:

Ma

Hi tess' mom

Barking Pumpkin said:
It seems to me that most of the people on the board, at least, are in the 20-40 age range. Is this pretty representative of the people of the festival? I just turned 15 last Thursday, and I think I'm the youngest person on the Prog-Power boards. I guess it's unfortunate that there aren't more younger people here.

My son, Dargormudshark, was 16 when he attended his first Prog Power (ah yes...a boy's first Prog Power!). By the time this one rolls around, he'll be 18. Plus, I saw some really young kids at last year's Prog Power.

i wish my parents were into metal. instead, my mom's an eagles fanatic and my dad feels the same way about ccr. i'm not complaining though, i love those guys too. they're just no iron maiden.

My mom's not exactly into metal, but she occassionaly mentions how much better the music I listen to is than radio music or other crap. So that's a plus.