So I am the youngest person here?

You sure, Bear? :OMG: (Hot damn, haven't used THAT graphic in months!!)

-=-=-

"Damn younguns," Pellaz said amiably. "Grow the hell up...and start running the world, please. Y'all can probably do a better job than us old fogies!" :)

I'm....old. But I refuse to grow up. How else can you explain my sometimes-barbaric musical tastes? :tickled:

Layla's Dad said:
You guys just keep the faith. I started listening to hard rock/metal when KISS ALIVE came out in '75. I quit listening to KISS when the first Maiden album came out in '80 (Priest had turned my head before that). Along the way, I've seen a lot of "fans" drop by the wayside to listen to country or just 'classic' rock (some of which is cool). I run into an old friend the other day that I hung with back in the early '80s. Lots of UFO, Saxon, Schenker, etc. we listened to loyally. I asked him what he had bought lately and he just laughed and said he had been listening to country and hadn't heard any new metal in quite a while. Having said all that, I'm sure fans from this board are more than loyal, an elite group here. I learn a lot from you guys.

Amen to that my semi-local brother. While I do love a little Blackfoot, (and some consider that "country rock") I buy more new music now and listen to more metal bands than I even new existed in my teen years.
Due to a promise to my buddy of trying not to "pick at him" due to his age, I won't say his name, but one of my best PP friends is still a mid-teen and I am probably very close to the age of his Dad, but the truth is, we are all here for the same reason..... the love of the music we are here to see and here.
I don't think you'll have a problem talking with other PP people BK, no matter the age. To give you an idea of the fanbase though. We did a survey a couple of years ago and the median age seemed to be about 32-33 or somewhere around there.

Bryant

TINE984 said:
oww well, back to homework and school.
Curufin said:
I can't say this without being a dick, but THIS IS A VERY GOOD IDEA.

I am glad i am may of given you a good idea but i would by lying if i said that i still do not blutntenly avoid mine and i have at least a 2.5 and 11,000 in schorship to keep a year. god i why does school have to involve homework :yuk: its the vain of my existance.

Bryant said:
Amen to that my semi-local brother. While I do love a little Blackfoot, (and some consider that "country rock") I buy more new music now and listen to more metal bands than I even new existed in my teen years.
Due to a promise to my buddy of trying not to "pick at him" due to his age, I won't say his name, but one of my best PP friends is still a mid-teen and I am probably very close to the age of his Dad, but the truth is, we are all here for the same reason..... the love of the music we are here to see and here.
I don't think you'll have a problem talking with other PP people BK, no matter the age. To give you an idea of the fanbase though. We did a survey a couple of years ago and the median age seemed to be about 32-33 or somewhere around there.

Bryant

You can say my name, I don't care. Just don't say something like..."Your'e band is good...for your'e age", that shit pisses me off.

BTW, Blackfoot is not country rock, it is Bob seger on speed! :headbang:
GOOD MORNING!!!!!!!

BLACKFOOT RULES!!! :headbang:

dargormudshark said:
That was my first rock concert when I was in like 9th grade. Blackfoot opened for Foreigner and tore the roof off...God, I love Southern Rock. I'm off to put on 'Tomcattin' and re-live some good ol' days.

Let's twist Harvester's arm and get Blackfoot for an oddball at PP one of these years. There's no doubt about the power that band brought to the stage. I saw a portion of some Skynyrd Super Bowl show flipping thru channels the other day and Rickey Medlocke looked so damn happy on stage. He used to look mighty pissed when he played those TOMCATTIN' tunes. Blackfoot rocks.

tine984 said:
I am glad i am may of given you a good idea but i would by lying if i said that i still do not blutntenly avoid mine and i have at least a 2.5 and 11,000 in schorship to keep a year. god i why does school have to involve homework :yuk: its the vain of my existance.

Oh my god. Make it stop!

Ive got a good story that gets pulled out evey once in a while...PP1, there was a gold badge purchaced by me under the name Ryan Greenwood. I happend to be 20 at the time but would do anything to get a chance to see Symphony X. So my buddy and I spent 2 hours in the parking lot studying to memorize our fake ids only to walk in and not get carded. We got front row for the symphony and ended up in eveyones pictures!(the two kids with red and yellow hair!) That was such a good time, tough to top that experience! But now i'm gonna be 25 for pp6. The fact that I have somehow scamed my way down to Atlanta the last 4 years is unbelivable! Let the good times continue!

Layla's Dad said:
Let's twist Harvester's arm and get Blackfoot for an oddball at PP one of these years. There's no doubt about the power that band brought to the stage. I saw a portion of some Skynyrd Super Bowl show flipping thru channels the other day and Rickey Medlocke looked so damn happy on stage. He used to look mighty pissed when he played those TOMCATTIN' tunes. Blackfoot rocks.

Ha ha ha I rarely mention Blackfoot in a metal forum, much less the Prog Power forum as it is frankly not on topic, but the few times I have mentioned them, I have always been surprised how many responses come from it. It seems like a lot of metal heads like Blackfoot. Hard not to like Ricky Medlocke. The guy is a hell of a showman/singer/guitar player/songwriter etc. etc.

Bryant

dargormudshark said:
You can say my name, I don't care. Just don't say something like..."Your'e band is good...for your'e age", that shit pisses me off.

BTW, Blackfoot is not country rock, it is Bob seger on speed! :headbang:
GOOD MORNING!!!!!!!

Ha ha ha I was really killing two birds with one stone with that post. One was to make a point and the other was to pick at you. BTW if you drive to PP bring your acoustic.

Bryant

Bryant said:
Ha ha ha I was really killing two birds with one stone with that post. One was to make a point and the other was to pick at you. BTW if you drive to PP bring your acoustic.

Too bad it's not closer to home for you so you could get your brother to come Thursday night... you and Shay pull off some pretty good Southern rock renditions, and I don't even particularly like southern rock. :)

Shaye

I'll always have a special spot in my heart for Southern Rock. I still listen to Blackfoot, Molly Hatchet, The Outlaws, etc. Variety is the spice of life!

J-Dubya

raiderdeath1 said:
I'm a youngie too.....................................39................................................. I'm so old I saw Ozzy with Randy Rhoads and Rainbow with Graham Bonnett.....And Kiss with Makeup (the first time around)

I was the blond chick sitting in front of you. 43 this year. ;)