so i finally got Dimmu Borgir's album "Puritanical Euthoric Misanthropia"

Dave_Mustaine84

Boogies Woogies
Nov 27, 2002
MillPark, Victoria, Australia
and it is now in my top 9 million favourite metal albums of all time hahah nah in my top 10 if not top 5, i've been meaning to get the album for about 1.5 years, thats around the time i streamed Puritania off of the Nuclear Blast site.

my favourite track has to be "Kings of the Carnival Creation", so Spawn you were right Puritania is not the best song on the album :)

all in all i rate this 10 swedish vampires out of 10

btw the cover is pretty snazzy, it has a naked woman's body on it, you can see here boobs and vagina :D :p

p.s. the booklet is fucking awesome too, the solo portraits and group picture are magnifyingly awesome hehe

YAY! I told you all it was great! :D KOTCC is one of my favourite tracks too, but they are all great, its a really strong album from start to finish :headbang: Silenoz is one of the best riff writers I have heard :)

I liked the packaging too, Shagrath holding his head is hilarious/cool! :D

I saw the CD the other day but, I'm sorry, I can't buy a CD with that sort of cover from JB, because all of the staff that work the counter are female and it just wouldn't be right.

And I don't care much for Dimmu Borgir anyway. :)

MetalMeshuggahMan said:
btw the cover is pretty snazzy, it has a naked woman's body on it, you can see here boobs and vagina :D :p

You do realize that you're on the internet, don't you, if you have to see boobs and vagina from CD covers....

DravenMist said:
Everything is perfect on the album. Even though Nick Barker is a big fat bald machine on the drums, one thing i started disliking after a while was his drumming. I start to feel it's a little TOO perfect, and being a drummer myself (not jealousy or anything) it can get a little annoying by not sounding real enough. I'm sure you could somewhat see where i'm comin from on that one.

Yeah he went all out and used protools and all that stuff to make it absoutely perfect. Pretty silly I reckon :) Having said that it still makes for a good listening though :)

Its not Nicks fault that the album was overproduced though (but I dont think it was myself, I think the production is fantastic, but thats usually the first sign that black metal fans will hate something! :) ) and he can pull all of the stuff off live with no problem :)

Id much rather have "too perfect" production than crap production, in fact DB sound better on cd IMHO, ive got bootlegs and the dvd of theirs and Shagrath is too busy posing to put any effort into his vocals and stage presence, he is boring as f**k!

Enthrone Darkness Triumphant is great too, but not as consistant as PEM IMHO, Shagrath pretty much uses only one vocal style and the songs just blend into each other and are very similair sounding. Still good though!

The black metal label is the stupidest label of all time. NOBODY agrees on what black metal is, its so insipidly dumb. All I know is DB rules, and their latest cd is their best one :D

Is Nick Barker the guy who used to drum for Cradle of Filth? Or is it the guy from 80s Australian rockers, Nick Barker and the Reptiles?

:)

spawn said:
The black metal label is the stupidest label of all time. NOBODY agrees on what black metal is, its so insipidly dumb. All I know is DB rules, and their latest cd is their best one :D

No, I think that nu-metal is the most stupid. That's why I try not to use it anymore. I mean, I always thought it was just rap-metal... or bands that fused metal and hip-hop together.

But yeah, on topic, I'm not really a fan of Dimmu Borgir, not that I've heard much at all, but their cover of METAL HEART is cool.

Nope, black metal is a stupider label, even the people who listen to it can never agree, plus they actually refer to their music as "true", which is funny :D