So I got laid off today....

If you want to become a teacher, you should probably consider how good you are with children. If you already know how to handle them, and perhaps even like them, I would go for teaching children firstly. If not, go for the kids from the ages elleven to thirteen. They're still young, and quite a bit more managable than the kids a couple of years older than that again.

I agree with everybody here that you should take this opportunity to pursue something you would enjoy. I wasn't laid off, but I eventually got fed up with the hell that people call "the rat race" and I finally decided to do something I could enjoy for the rest of my life. Teaching and coaching would be a lifelong opportunity. You might go from one school to another, but you should easily be able to find a job.

If you need any help with a resume, I am EXCELLENT at making them look all fancy. That goes for anybody around here. I don't mind helping you guys with that type of thing. I actually like doing it. If I had my choice right out of college, I would have gone into techinical writing.

Thanks everyone. I doing just fine. Woke up this morning with shit to do, so I decided to help the wife pick up a car for her work.

I've already taken the first step towards getting an ATC (Alternative Teacher's Certification), and have a seminar on Tuesday where they'll go over what undergrad classes I might need to take in order to teach high school, and classes for this start in late May and end in early July, which gives me plenty of time to find a job for the interim, and then possibly snag a teaching job for August. If not, I don't mind waiting until Fall 2006.

I do offer stuff that most teachers don't have - lots of computer experience, radio/tv/media experience and sales experience. Hopefull these come in handy with these high-tech high schools around here.

I actually woke up this morning kind of relieved, tbh.