so i have RF interference...

Arsenu,

Oct 30, 2008
as in Radio Frequency interference, it's not an STD :heh:, but it's just as bad.

i'll explain:
ever since setting up the studio i had some noise coming out the monitors and also the PA system, which i had no clue as to what caused it. i thought it had something to do with the electricity since the building is very very old. than, after running everything tough a power conditioner, the noise did not disappear, which is pretty annoying (note: everything audio related is on the same line and goes to the power conditioner, everything that isn't is going somewhere else, so it's not a ground loop).

until yesterday i was working with a MOTU Traveler and i just got a MOTU 896HD (which sounds unbelievable), now the noise coming from the monitors is gone, but i could clearly hear a radio transmission coming from my PA system today, hence why i'm so positive it's an RF interference...

anyone had RF issues before? and more importantly, anyone ever solved it?

a quick online research suggested i should get a proper box for my PC (which is currently open) but any advice coming from this forum is always better.