Ringing/Interference when loading Logic

djentleman91

Apr 21, 2011
surrey
Just got myself imac 27" and im using Yamaha HS50s through a small M-Audio fasttrack pro interface.

Started getting low humming and static especially whilst scrolling and when I loaded up Logic, I'd get continuous high tone ringing from both monitors. One monitor is ringing noticeably louder than the other. I swapped them round just to see but no change.

I bought new TRS balanced cables thinking that would resolve any possible interference caused from the mac with the cables behind it. There's still ringing. -_-

Anyone know how to fix this?? :s

If the monitors aren't attached to anything, do they still make the noise?
Have you tried them on a different 'power ring' in your house?

Does the noise increase or decrease when you increase the volume on the back of the units?

they only hum/ring when connected via TRS cables into my interface.
I tried them on my old macbook again which I used before with Logic. No problem at all there.

The noise doesnt change in volume despite whether I alter it on the back of the monitors.
Different power ring makes no difference :s

thats literally only thing left I think. The balanced cables I bought today have helped by lowering the volume of the ringing and theres not so much hum now. But ill buy some XLRs tomorrow and fingers crossed i guess.

ive been told its likely the result of my interface and that I simply just need a more powerful and efficient one, such as the 2626 or pro 40. Can anyone confirm that? :s

ive been told its likely the result of my interface and that I simply just need a more powerful and efficient one, such as the 2626 or pro 40. Can anyone confirm that? :s

i currently have the same issue mate and i have the 2626 im considering a power conditioner but i just need to know where to buy one in the eu

cheers for the heads up man, even if it is bad news haha. tbh its about time I upgraded to the 2626. so you're getting the same hiss/interference through your monitors too?
nah im not in a band unfortunately. used to be.